xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: InFeCtuS Programmer 0.0.3.4.D and Infectus Tool 1.1  (Read 244 times)

bucko

• Recovered User
InFeCtuS Programmer 0.0.3.4.D and Infectus Tool 1.1
« on: May 24, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »

I'm no 360 user, but shouldn't this allow you to revert to the update just after the blown efuse effectivly unblack listing your console? I'm just trying to find ways to shutup these moaning banned people.

Maverick0984

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(bucko @ May 24 2007, 12:35 PM) View Post

I'm no 360 user, but shouldn't this allow you to revert to the update just after the blown efuse effectivly unblack listing your console? I'm just trying to find ways to shutup these moaning banned people.

doubtful

Mineiro

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(bucko @ May 24 2007, 02:35 PM) View Post

That's my doubt as well, could this chip downgrade people, and, i don't know, unban who were banned by M$? Sorry, i'm kinda noob at this..

EnergySurge

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(bucko @ May 24 2007, 06:35 PM) View Post

doesn't matter if you revert a dash back or more than 2 dash updates back, once a console id is banned.. its banned...

Trex666

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »

ha never.

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »

could this thing erase the flash of users using the spring update, but have not yet been on live.  

these users may have been taged, but the console has not yet been able to contact MS to tell them it is out of compliance . . . ie can it keep a console from getting banned?

gehx

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(DuggyUK @ May 24 2007, 01:58 PM) View Post

i'd imagine they ban based on MAC address of the 360 rather than storing something locally (i.e. server side tracking of macs)

they don't ban MAC's, rather your serial....once you're  banned the only way you're gonna get back online is either w/ an unbanned console or mobo.

bonevichio

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »

Back on topic!  Enough whining about being banned.

Once you are banned you are banned.  Unless you can get the private key from M$, change your serial #, and resign your console id, there is just no way you will ever be unbanned.

This should allow you to downgrade your kernal.  According to the site:

XBOX360 NAND FLASHER: Complete access to XBOX360 MAINBOARD BIOS, you can read and write the NAND on the motherboard. We currently downgrade successfull the XBOX360. Check tutorials. news 20/04/07
DVD DRIVER DUAL FIRMWARE:
Allows to gain total access over the XBOX360 flash driver, so that you can read and write the internal flash of any X360 DVD READER in the market. Support all drivers the last 079 version too. news 16/05/07
Everything can be managed with a very simple and user friendly PC software.
FLASH ID realtime patching, your xbox360 cannot understand if there is any flash running other than the original one.
GLOBE MODCHIP 360 100% emulation including ON / OFF LED
NME 1.2 firmware emulation (at work 80% finished). Allow you to install the chip with few wires like NME.

The Prankster

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »

I didn't really feel like starting a new thread, but I think I'm gonna get me one of these soon, I think sometime in the future it will be used a lot(more than now).

So anyhow, I've been wondering just unsure of something, when you upgrade to 4552 or 5759... it blows the eFuse, thus not letting you downgrade anymore. Does it not boot, or just to a blank black screen if you say... downgraded with infectus to a previous backup. Has nayone tried this? Or is it a given it wouldn't work, does it just prevent downgrading from a bad patch? Or what? I know what the eFuse is, and what it does, just not positive on how far its downgrading restrictions go.

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW, I do know removing R6T3 will let you downgrade due to no eFuse blown, so yeah.

And that post, I've already read all that on infectus's .biz site, it doesn't tell me anything I don't already know.

Oh and it's not a matter of opinion, MAC has NOTHING to do with bannings.

gorakx

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »

"- Fixed a "bastard" problem in wizard"

is that a technical term?

"- Easier to use for noobs"

This company isn't sounding very professional.

The Prankster

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »

"- Fixed a "bastard" problem in wizard"

is that a technical term?

"- Easier to use for noobs"

This company isn't sounding very professional.

That's the scene, if you don't like it... get over it. Who cares if he's not very professionall, after all that he has done, I don't think it matters at all. The end result in here is what we want, if they provide that, all else is pish-posh.

midnightcharger2

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »

As it seems, NAND memory is  the standard for all game consoles.  This programmer looks like a good solution for those wanting to downgrade their 360 / ps3.  Tsop flashing is extremely easy to get to and desolder for reprogramming.  With NAND chips they are soldered to the motherboard with the pins (ball grid array) under the chip.  The only safe way is to have a proper rework station and programmer which is out of the question for beginners to average users.

It looks like you will still have to do some work to get the programmer working.  Unsure of the flex cable design, but does it solder to points on the on the motherboard or do you have to expose the traces that go to the NAND flash memory?  If its soldered to the Traces, expect to have to sand the motherboard to get to bare copper to attach the flex cable to.  This could lead to broken traces and other problems for novice users.

The programmer for PSP's requires the sanding method of the motherboard to reprogram the memory,  waiting on my programmers then I can start un-bricking broken consoles.  It would allow to read, erase, and write functions which allows for any firmware to be directly flashed to the chip.  

All the infectus programmer is for is programming the NAND.  IMHO a great thing to have on the side but the 360 scene is still young with little progress in the homebrew scene.  Would be great to have now IF you definitely need your 360 downgraded to 4532 or lower.  wink.gif

I personally will sit and wait to see progress on the 360 before getting a hold of one of these.

sdeens

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 04:23:00 PM »

Using this or any xtreme DVD firmware still is equally vulnerable to being blacklisted from XBL...its just a matter of how many people are using it....if more people migrate to this form of a solution than MS can easily target it and ban its users....so if it remains less popullar, than that becomes its greatest strength...if its too popular its weakened potentially since MS targets ONLY the most commonly used hacking methods...just like the satteliteTV providers (Dish and Bell Express).

popularity is what targets counter-measures NOT functionality.

so its frankly in this envirnoment its really no better than the free xtereme firmware hack since this device can not yet figure out how to read the married private key from M$, so we can't subsequently change our serial #, and resign its console id (to a non blacklisted one).

but it is getting more popular and that is bad for this product..its forces MS to pay much closer attention and begin compiling dynamic code for the Fall update to sweep or ban its users....it will probbaly take MS about 6 months to write such code correctly, beta test it "six-ways from Sunday" for safety and upload it via the next major kernel update (probably in the Fall 2007)...that's why updates are every six months...its takes time to safely implement counter-measures and record their effect for analysis.

but when they can read that private encyption key ((as mentioned above) , then this will become overnight the ONLY solution and therefore the defacto standard to playing on XBL...then it will become a monthly sweep or cat + mouse to get updates to get back on XBL...since MS will be then forced to step up the ban activity since fixes will become very routine and easy to install.

MS is implemnting a similar strategy to what DirecTV did about 4 years to in the final days of the pirated HU access cards....thius is amore robust dynamic strategy that is better than how they targetting hacking on the older XBOX platform..they must become more dynamic like DirecTV did....DirecTV blacklisted on a weekly basis the serial #'s of the pirated cards (ie like our console ID's)

TRYMYZ

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »

Where can I purchase one of these without paying an arm and a leg for shipping?  I am in the USA and all the resellers are in Europe.  The shipping is almost as expensive as the chip itself.  Anyway, any info would be greatly appreciated.

xEnthusist07x

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »

SIMPLE QUESTION..... Can i downgrade my 5759 kernal with this chip, or any other way?
Pages: [1] 2