xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hdd Format Problem/copying Data  (Read 788 times)

dougiegillam

• Archived User
Hdd Format Problem/copying Data
« on: March 16, 2013, 12:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(phampson @ Feb 13 2013, 07:20 PM) View Post

Hello

I recently purchase a new 250gb(non microsoft but sold for xbox)  hard drive for my 360 (original model). When I first installed it into my Xbox, It gave 228mb free and worked fine. I then connected the original 20gb drive via a cable to the xbox. The xbox said it was usb storage and did not recognise it when it booted up. ie it did not ask me if i wanted to transfer data from it.

I then decided to try it the other way round. I insalled my original drive into the xbox and attached the new drive via the usb cable. Again the xbox did not offer me the option to transfer on boot up.

At this stage i formatted the new drive into 32gb. Which was a mistake. I have attached the drive to my pc and it can be seen using the cable.

However if i reconnect this drive to the xbox (as the main drive). It does not recognize it and doesnt allow me to format it.

Help.

How do i format it so the xbox360 recognizes it when connectted internally (ie plugged in at the end of the xbox)

Why did the transfer option not work originally. Any ideas on getting this to work.

Paul

You will possibly have to look here for the solution.

http://team-xecuter....p-by-Step-Guide