xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xsnes9x Woes (just One Simple Question Really)  (Read 30 times)

Layer01

• Archived User
Xsnes9x Woes (just One Simple Question Really)
« on: December 10, 2004, 12:26:00 AM »

Ok so i finaly got my xbox connected via FTP (yay) and transfered xsnes9x over into F:/Emulators/Xsnes9x/
modified the evox dash ini thing to add xsnes9x to its list (hope this was the right thing to do.
then in the root folder of xsnes i put all my roms into the (wait for it...) Rom folder!
then i start xsne9s up alls goig well until TA DA! no roms were found, "ah ha!" i say to myself it says Roms=D\ so i change my config.ini in xsnes to say, and i quote:
ROMPATH=F:\Emulators\Xsnes9X\Roms\
PREVIEWPATH=F:\Emulators\Xsnes9X\Previews\
MEDIAPATH=F:\Emulators\Xsnes9X\Media\Music\

but when i load it up again still nothing, i have also tried just
ROMPATH=F:\Roms\ (moving the rom folder to the f drive root of course) but still nothing.
am i writing out the file names wrong or something, i've checked EVERYwhere i could htink of checking including tutes and the xsnes9x site which says just put em in the rom folder in the xsnes folder....btw the site also made mention of a rompath.ini or something like that which i dont seem to have, but i assume thats cause i have a newer version and its now in config.ini?

anyway i'm really stuck here, and i hate to ask a question thats no doubt been asked a billion times but i really need a hand here.
thanks
:D

lowki

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 01:35:00 AM »

put the roms folder back in the xsnes9x folder and put the path in the ini back to f roms thn i should work lol it finds them like that o its own just the way its made

Layer01

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 02:19:00 AM »

ok here is what i now have:
roms in F:\Emulators\Xsnes9x\Roms\

config file now points to:

F:\Roms\

but when i start up xsnes9x i get the ol' [0 Rom(s) found] routine
ok so what am i missing here...

one other thing..i dont seem to have a file extention on them, IE: in the explorer window it just says for example: 7th saga 1  *(big ol space)*   *file size goes here* (note the * means its doesnt acctually say that lol) when i view the files properties i get...file type.....FILE! "WHOA! thank you so much Windows XP you never cease to amaze me with your powers of deduction"
so maybe thats my problem seeing as i hear of people talking about their roms having file extensions like .cnm or something...(maybe i should zip or add the file extension manually???)
arrg this is a tad frustrating lol
thanks for the help though (keep it comeing..please :)

This post has been edited by Layer01: Dec 10 2004, 10:20 AM

oj213

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 02:50:00 AM »

Delete E:\TDATA\0fffdaed\xsnes9x.ini and try again

Koitsu

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 03:11:00 AM »

put the config to ROMPATH=d:\roms\

usually, 'D' doesn't mean the disc drive, it's just the same folder the xbe starts from(which in your case should be your xsnes9x folder).

as for your file extensions, i'll assume you can view other extensions on your pc. this would suggest that your 'roms' don't have extensions. if that's the case, give them extensions. call your 7th Saga game, 7thSaga.smc. if that one shows up, then Actraiser.smc, Actraiser II.smc, whatever you have next.

Layer01

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 05:49:00 PM »

thanks Koitsu i'll give that i try  :)

Layer01

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 06:21:00 PM »

k sorry about 2 post in a row but it wouldnt let me edit my last post  :blink:

anyway thanks Koitsu that fixed it, it turned out to be a combination of  both things, i had to make the path d and hade to add .smc to them.....now i'm just wondering is there a way to quickly add a .smc to 756 files lol just hoping that there will be some automated process

Layer01

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 08:43:00 PM »

weird couldnt edit that last one either...bizzare anyway i found something to auto add .smc to all the files so if anyone else needs something similar check out : http://www.nonags.com/nonags/fileren.html

JzL

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004, 09:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (Layer01 @ Dec 11 2004, 05:15 AM)
weird couldnt edit that last one either...bizzare anyway i found something to auto add .smc to all the files so if anyone else needs something similar check out : http://www.nonags.com/nonags/fileren.html

Thanks, just ran into the same issue.  The linked app worked great.

:beer: