xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbox 1 Emulation  (Read 1114 times)

d0wnlab

• Archived User
Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 10:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(deadparrot @ Nov 22 2005, 04:15 AM)
Could these emulator files be encrypted PPF-type patches which patches the x86 xbe in memory?

Tomilius

• Archived User
Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(cheztir @ Nov 21 2005, 06:58 PM)
What i wonder, correct me if i am wrong here, is if they might be recompiling the games from the source from x86 to PowerPC. This is might be wrong, but since Halo 2 is getting a big HD boost i don't see how you can suddenly emulate that.

PCBUILDERCHRIS

• Archived User
Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 08:09:00 PM »

oh i didnt know they where recompiled i thought the games where going to be in there original form like .nes .bin .z64

i dreamt up a sofmodded xbox that runs a classic game on an emulator from xbox live or cd while your pc is impostering the real xbox live server or another xbox 360 connected via link but i guess its all over us normal gamers heads

oh and does anyone know how long it takes xbox to load the 360's dash up ?

it could be like ram slice some of the metal connecter prongs from the side of the chip rig a switch to it and after it does it check flick the switch to the boose (bootleg) version of the board of course with an extra chip humping over the original

The Dude

• Archived User
Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2005, 03:43:00 PM »

As I understand, to update your xbox 360 to play orignal games, it only takes one file (named default.xex) that you can download from xbox.com and burn to a cdr as a data cd. That file is only about 2.5mb. From reading the instructions online, MS does not seem to require any additional files for each game. Just the one file. (Why they did not include this file with the HDD is beyond me...)

It does seem odd that MS has excluded the known games used for exploits from the compatability list.

Since now we are able to boot a MS executable file from a cdr/dvdr, does this mean the 360 no longer requires a media check?

One could only assume MS has added additional security to prevent booting game executables from a cdr/dvdr, but so did Sega with the Dreamcast, and we all know what happened there.

Hopefully someone or some group a lot smarter than me, or any of us will chime in eventually and help explain the security measures MS has implimented to prevent other executables burned to a disc from booting.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »

Why they did not include this file with the HDD is beyond me...

because the hardware was finalized and shipped before the emulator software was finished

It does seem odd that MS has excluded the known games used for exploits from the compatability list.

why is that odd? MS doesnt want the 360 exploited, thats also why you cant use xbox gamesaves on 360

Since now we are able to boot a MS executable file from a cdr/dvdr, does this mean the 360 no longer requires a media check?

xbox never required a media check, the xbes just had them, there was xbox Live Arcade though, which didnt have a media check, possibly MS trying to see if we'd find a security hole before they decided to do emulator updates this way

One could only assume MS has added additional security to prevent booting game executables from a cdr/dvdr, but so did Sega with the Dreamcast, and we all know what happened there.

games will probably have the same digital signature+media check combo used on xbox, this proved very effecting for MS

the emulator update, like Live Arcade, is simply a signed xbe (xex) without a media check

geniusjc

• Archived User
Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2005, 03:08:00 AM »

There is a Q&A on xbox.com about the emulation for backward compatibility.  In it they state that the emulation already resides on every x360 hard drive and Halo and Halo 2 have profiles already loaded so you can play them right away.  They say that you have to use the update file to play Halo 2 on LIVE.  More than likely the entire emulator is already on the hard drive and only game profiles are added with the update.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2005, 05:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(geniusjc @ Nov 24 2005, 03:15 AM)
More than likely the entire emulator is already on the hard drive and only game profiles are added with the update.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(Shadowlaw @ Nov 24 2005, 06:25 AM)
Do we have any clue how the signatures are computed? Is it an MD5 hash? Or maybe an MD5 hash thrown through some MS private key inside the box to verify authenticity? I guess there's indeed no way in through that route.

The_Truth

• Archived User
Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2005, 12:12:00 PM »

I tend to agree with d0wnlab... they will most likely have made the fine line easy to pass... unfortunately... if the emulator is hacked... they will force an update through live... to patch the screwed up emulator... also... even if it crashes the virtual stack, it might also corrupt the actual stack if the code is written incorrectly.

Dameon

• Archived User
Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2005, 05:16:00 PM »

wink.gif

Just a shot in the dark.

MrPhunkee

• Archived User
Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2005, 12:18:00 PM »

And how exactly r we gonna put that save on the HD? Or mem card? Guess if we can do that, the 360 is hacked. And even if it would work, it would be kinda useless i think.. The hd isn't designed with the original partitions of xbox1

sentinel0

• Archived User
Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »

This is probably a dumb idea that wont work i havn't tried might when i get back home but has anyone tried signing a game backup thats on the backwords compatiblity list with the habi key and see if it works?

lordvader129

• Archived User
Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2005, 04:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(sentinel0 @ Dec 9 2005, 01:36 PM) View Post

This is probably a dumb idea that wont work i havn't tried might when i get back home but has anyone tried signing a game backup thats on the backwords compatiblity list with the habi key and see if it works?

the habibi key only works in conjunction withthe save exploit, but saves arent cross-compatible, so a hacked save wont work on 360

lordvader129

• Archived User
Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2005, 06:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Zanzang @ Dec 9 2005, 07:24 PM) View Post

Do you guys think that the 360 gamesaves could be signed too?

you mean would the 360 allow the same exact exploit that was used on xbox1? not a chance in hell
Pages: 1 [2]