xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Matrix Ii On Split Cb Jaspers  (Read 786 times)

Deniskh

• Archived User
Matrix Ii On Split Cb Jaspers
« on: November 23, 2012, 12:15:00 PM »

Sadly I had to return the Jaspers without RGH.
But I've noticed an interesting thing, almost all Jaspers are difficult to RGH1 and a pain in the a$$ to do RGH2.0, the other difficult ones are Zephyrs.
Both of them have a couple of power MOSFETs and 4 electrolytic caps removed on CPU power line (1.09V). M$ was trying to save money, like always...
By removing these MOSFETs, they've increased the load on the remaining ones. When a semiconductor is overloaded, it starts to make electric noice. This, coupled whith lack of caps, could decrease the quality of CPU power line, rendering the system less stable. Unstable system can function, but it's not so predictable, thus difficult to glitch.
I had no time to experiment, the client was waiting, but i've hooked a couple of 3300uF caps in the place of the missing ones, and the system behavior has changed, the fans have stopped slowing down so badly when the debug light on the chip turned on.
I will try to experiment later with some Jaspers and/or Zephyrs... My idea is to add the missing caps and MOSFETs (with the components they need to function) on the CPU power line. What do you think of it?

Dark Mod

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 11:01:00 PM »

sad to say....matrix glitcher chips only work best with falcons and slims.....not jaspers....unless if its RGH 1.0 where you use the 68nf cap from F point to a small cap near B and C and it boots in no time....but next time try a squirt or coolrunner rev B

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »

what do you mean run a 68nf cap from F point to a small cap near B and C?  What do you mean? B and C points on the motherboard or a small capacitor on the matrix glitcher itself near B and C solder pad? All i can think is 220pF and 0.1uF. as those are near the B and C pad. So , youre soldering parallel or series? Thanks.