xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mameox Help Please  (Read 76 times)

SuicideUZI

• Archived User
Mameox Help Please
« on: February 09, 2004, 06:08:00 PM »

well my problem is with certain games running very poorly on the newer versions of mameox, after searching thru old posts to try to figure out my problem i have learned that the newer versions of mame removed a dcs sound hack which causes the games to run slower, and basically the only 2 solutions were to replace that certain driver in the new mameox with the old driver that still has the hack OR just use an old version of mameox.

I would just use an old version but 4 of the midway games that i want to play will not load period on older versions of mameox for me because of the memory error.  

So my only option is to replace the driver.  I imagine I need the source files for the newest version and an old version with the dcs hack still there, but i cannot find either even in the "usual" places the file for the newest source of mameox seems to be corrupt.

But even if i did have both of the source files i needed i still would not have a clue what to do or look for so im wondering if someone could help.  <