xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Nme Chip  (Read 88 times)

krayzie

• Archived User
New Nme Chip
« on: November 22, 2006, 10:03:00 PM »

I wouldn't trust anything they say. Also I would wait another couple of months till v1.3 in where they put their other stolen code to play single layer discs. Otherwise you poor people keep buying new chips.

ydgmms

• Archived User
New Nme Chip
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 12:50:00 AM »

Who said we have to keep buying new chips? If we want new features, then yeah I guess so. Same with those who flash. If they want new features, they have to open up the xbox and reflash and hope it doesn't brick.

To me, its just easier using a chip. That and I dont have the proper hardware on my PC to flash a drive (No SATA, nor any room for a SATA PCI card).

Stolen code? Possibly. Probably. Have you seen it?

What about the firmware. If I remember right, it was a few guys that figured it out on some other forum, and swore not to leak it, but it did. And now theres many people working on different firmwares. (Again, this is from what I've gathered, I dont keep up with the firmware side of things too much. but have seen a few different flashes- birdies, garyopa, someother one)

To each their own really. But I have seen less "oh no, my xbox is bricked after the update" posts on the modchip forum opposed to the firmware forum. Less people have chips probably, or just less people having problems.

As far as a tutorial. Theres A LOT of 'em. It just takes reading a couple of pinned threads in the firmware forum to find one for your drive, and then find a list of compatible hardware. get the firmware and flash it.

n00bal3r7

• Archived User
New Nme Chip
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 04:52:00 AM »

wow people would fight about anything there is , credit belongs to many out there , nr1 c4e ofcourse .
i myself never wanted to touch my firmware , was running wild seeing my friend here playing backups   sad.gif , but then nme came , what to say , everything runs fine since i got one , cudos to them aswell from my side .
 biggrin.gif

nebur

• Archived User
New Nme Chip
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 10:44:00 PM »

viper3 let me point you in the right direction

tutorials for flashing your firmware

once you identify your drive look under that specific section. and don't be afraid to ask questions in the forums