xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Segacd Q?  (Read 198 times)

ScOrPiOn-X

• Archived User
Segacd Q?
« on: May 09, 2003, 04:26:00 PM »

Hi

I searched for this question but could not find an answer to it.

I have ripped one of my SegaCD's using cddissect and zipped the contents witht cue sheet, .iso and .mp3's, but when I tried to play the game all I get is the SegaCD music player.

Since I am unable to play the original CD's I have to rip them.

Does Gens_Xport support for zipping the ripps or do I have to put them on HD or CD-RW without zipping them.

The wierd thing is that I got it to work once, don't know how but now it doesn't work.

Justr trying to save some space.

If anyone has any suggestions or a link it would be appreciated.

GreetZ

GLiTcH

• Archived User
Segacd Q?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 06:15:00 PM »

the new version of xport's port reads original cd n backups :jester:  

ScOrPiOn-X

• Archived User
Segacd Q?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 06:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (GLiTcH @ May 10 2003, 03:08 AM)
the new version of xport's port reads original cd n backups :jester:

Thanks for the reply  :D .

But I am using the latest one  :( , Gens_Xport v3.

GreetZ

This post has been edited by ScOrPiOn-X: May 10 2003, 01:22 AM

mr jones

• Archived User
Segacd Q?
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 10:28:00 PM »

What game in particular are you having problems with?

So far, with the exception of the sound syncing of Lunar's and Snatcher's cinemas, All of the games that I've ISOed from originals have worked fine.  Let me know the title of the game, and maybe I can help.

wmfms

• Archived User
Segacd Q?
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2003, 01:19:00 AM »

hey scorpion...

i just put all the mp3's and the iso in the roms folder and run the iso.. seems to work ok. I know it sounds dumb, but are you pressing A or Start at the Sega CD startup screen? i kept getting the CD player screen too until I realised I should have been pressing start instead of A...

WMFMS

ScOrPiOn-X

• Archived User
Segacd Q?
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2003, 04:34:00 PM »

mr jones - thanks for you reply.

The games that I have are, Road Avenger, Sol-Feace and Batman Returns.

If I try to zip them I only get the Sega Player but I put them CD-RW with the cue sheet, .iso and .mp3's on a folder with their own name it works fine when I choose either the cue sheet or the .iso to play game.

Also noticed that depends on the media that I burn my games the sound works fine, and yes I see what you mean with the lip sync, Sol-Feace has the same problem, I burned on TDK and other media and the sound seems to just hang as if it got stack but if I burn in Verbatine CD-RW the sound is ok no hanging.

wmfms - thanks for you reply.

Yes I tried pressing Start or A and the same thing, like i said when I zipped them I have this problem if I play straight with .iso or .cue I have no problems I get the game.

Thanks guys for your reply, I think I'll just leave it as is, I noticed that some games .iso's are smaller than others with the exemption of Road Avenger which is about 166mb, the other two that I have are under 50mb.

GreetZ

This post has been edited by ScOrPiOn-X: May 10 2003, 11:36 PM

mr jones

• Archived User
Segacd Q?
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2003, 05:00:00 PM »

Never picked up Road Avenger, but I DO have Sol-Feace and Batman Returns.  Both games run pretty well (Batman Returns is a pretty game....too bad its not all THAT fun).

As you have found out for yourself, Gens doesn't support zipped isos, so the best thing to do is just put the all the files for each game into their own separate folder.  It makes things orderly, and you can still access the games pretty quickly.

Also, a word about the audio not being quite in sync with video in some game cinemas:  It was said to me that you should try running the game from the cue file, instead of the iso file, for better audio sync.  I was also told to try using a cue and a bin file, instead of breaking the bin into an iso+mp3, but that would leave some of the games like Lunar 2 QUITE large, so I'd try the cue w/iso+mp3 first.

Peace.

EDIT:  I WILL learn how to spell.  :jester:  

This post has been edited by mr jones: May 11 2003, 12:02 AM

ScOrPiOn-X

• Archived User
Segacd Q?
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2003, 06:26:00 PM »

mr jones - thanks for your reply...

LOL man, no problems I too have the same problem with the spelling.

I will try your suggestion and see how I go.  Yes, it's too bad that it doesn't support zipped files for SegaCD's rips.

And yes your right about Batman Returns, it's pretty good and sadly to say not too much fun to play and Sol-Feace is a pretty good game to play.

GreetZ