xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Gens_xport V3 Released  (Read 753 times)

SkmNet

• Archived User
Gens_xport V3 Released
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2003, 07:08:00 AM »

dont bug him about the flickery, or else tomorrow we'll get v4 ;-)

GLiTcH

• Archived User
Gens_xport V3 Released
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2003, 07:08:00 AM »

grr.gif

Dahak

• Archived User
Gens_xport V3 Released
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2003, 07:47:00 AM »

QUOTE (XPort @ Apr 23 2003, 11:05 AM)

Press RTHUMB from the main menu to bring up the CD-launching menu.

XPort -

First, great work and thanks for all the recent releases. Rumours of your demise were greatly exagerated.  wink.gif

One small request for GENS xport: could you please include an alternate keymapping for accessing the options menu and cd launching menu?  I'm using an X-Arcade and cant use analogue stick presses from the unit.

roberts_2

• Archived User
Gens_xport V3 Released
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2003, 09:10:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

GLiTcH

• Archived User
Gens_xport V3 Released
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2003, 09:36:00 AM »

of the sega cd back ups i have... on cdr.. all worked.. except sonic cd
i tryed:
terminator cd
robo aleste
android assault...

XDelusion

• Archived User
Gens_xport V3 Released
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2003, 09:56:00 AM »

smile.gif

GLiTcH

• Archived User
Gens_xport V3 Released
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2003, 10:15:00 AM »

i didnt download it off the net.. i got a copy from my friends original cd.. the other ones too

Dante_Ali

• Archived User
Gens_xport V3 Released
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2003, 11:07:00 AM »

I've noticed a bug with this version. If you save in-game with the button combo LEFTTRIGGER+BLACK and then load the save state with LEFTTRIGER+WHITE, the game slows down. If you save again and then reload the save state it will be even slower still.

I'm using NTSC mode BTW.

XPort

• Archived User
Gens_xport V3 Released
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2003, 11:37:00 AM »

dante_ali - crap - that's some testing code that got left in by mistake.  Press RTRIGGER a few times and it will speed up to normal again.

re: backup RAM - that' not an issue with the emulator.  You just need to press some buttons at the first Sega-CD loading menu to access the RAM manager.  (Genesis Button A I think.)

mr jones

• Archived User
Gens_xport V3 Released
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2003, 12:20:00 PM »

AkumaX - when you uncompress the Gens zipfile, make sure you use the wizard in Winzip, instead of "classic" interface.  The wizard will automatically recurse the subdirectories, and put all the files where they are supposed to go.

akumax

• Archived User
Gens_xport V3 Released
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2003, 12:31:00 PM »

I used winrar to unzip it.  The bios file is currenty in the same folder as the media folder, sgenroms folder, and default.xbe folder.  

The reason I ask is that I'm still trying to get the Sega CD games to play and they still aren't.  I was thinking that maybe the bios folder wasn't placed correctly and that is why the games won't boot.

Is there any certain way that the Xbox itself should be setup that would keep just the Sega CD games from playing?  That's about the only thing that I can think of that's left to check.  Although I'm doubtful as to this hardware thing as the games worked before and I never changed the hardware settings.  

The Sega CD games stopped working altogether in the gensv9 when I added a few more Sega CD games.  Even the games that worked prior to the new games being added stopped working.  I was hoping that the move to gensx v2 would fix this issue but none of the Sega CD games still boot.  It really has me perplexed.

XPort

• Archived User
Gens_xport V3 Released
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2003, 05:31:00 PM »

d:default.xbe
d:bios32x_g_bios.bin
d:bios32x_m_bios.bin
d:bios32x_s_bios.bin
d:biosgenesis_os_rom.bin
d:biosmcd2_200.bin
d:biosmcd_101.bin
d:biosscd2_200.bin
d:biosscd_110.bin
d:MediaFont.xpr
d:MediaFont12.xpr
d:MediaFonts
d:MediaFontsarial_12.abc
d:MediaFontsarial_12.tga
d:MediaFontsarial_16.abc
d:MediaFontsarial_16.tga
d:sgenromssgentheme.mp3

XPort

• Archived User
Gens_xport V3 Released
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2003, 05:34:00 PM »

d:\default.xbe
d:\bios\32x_g_bios.bin
d:\bios\32x_m_bios.bin
d:\bios\32x_s_bios.bin
d:\bios\genesis_os_rom.bin
d:\bios\mcd2_200.bin
d:\bios\mcd_101.bin
d:\bios\scd2_200.bin
d:\bios\scd_110.bin
d:\Media\Font.xpr
d:\Media\Font12.xpr
d:\Media\Fonts
d:\Media\Fonts\arial_12.abc
d:\Media\Fonts\arial_12.tga
d:\Media\Fonts\arial_16.abc
d:\Media\Fonts\arial_16.tga
d:\sgenroms\sgentheme.mp3

Koitsu

• Archived User
Gens_xport V3 Released
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2003, 09:17:00 PM »

since we can't try out your setup, you gotta spell out everything. like if your 32x games work, if the genesis games work, things like that. do other emulators work? what does it do when it "doesn't work"? black screen? crap like that.

also, it's been my experience that you should use the program respective for the file (winzip for .zip, winrar for .rar). it usually doesn't matter, but one guy was using winACE for a .rar and all he could see was the default.xbe file.....on five different downloads. i'm just saying that sometimes it matters.

maybe you should delete your whole gens folder, extract the .zip file again with winzip, and put that one in. (it's not like your save files are in there anyway).

Koitsu

• Archived User
Gens_xport V3 Released
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2003, 09:27:00 PM »

Yeah, i just posted, but i like to keep my subjects separate. i tried my REAL real sonic cd, and whenever it changes an mp3, it skips pretty bad. the CD's in uber-anal collector's quality, so it's not that. also, when i went to the first bonus stage, it went back to the splash screen, the brownish one without the sega logo. i had already put it into the HD long ago and it's fine there, but not straight from the CD.

well it doesn't matter to me anyways, i'm just reporting. i prefer to keep the originals boxed away anyways.
Pages: 1 [2] 3