xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Gens_xport V2 Released  (Read 686 times)

captain_harlock

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2003, 04:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (XPort @ Apr 22 2003, 01:21 PM)
re: sound in Lunar - are you saying this happens all the time?  The sound goes away in Lunar after playing it for about an hour?  Have you experienced this with any other CD games?  Have you experienced this with cartridge games?

Thanks again for the great work, and for the attentive responses on this message board. My experience with GensX v2 and Lunar SS has been this : the game works fantastically and the speed trigger is super handy for zipping through the slow parts. But after a long while of playing the sound faded out, and won't come back. If I restart the emulator, it appears to come back. This isn't a major deal . . .

Also, thanks for the tip on the Back+Start in the option screen. Works great.

bzchi

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2003, 05:39:00 PM »

Well i'll add my thanks to xport as well for this sweet as port.

Excellent work on getting the V2 out so quickly, the small problems I had were fixed before I had a chance to report them  smile.gif

I have a bug report and a feature request for V2 but im not sure if I can configure it myself to fix the problems (so if anyone knows please help me out)

The first is with directory browsing, is there any way to have the directories listed at the top of page instead of mixed in with all the roms alphabetically?

The second is, when I try to load Virtua Racing 32X I get a message from the game along the lines up "This game was created for use on Euopean Mega Drive consoles only" so im gathering the emulator is saying its a US Genesis, is there a way to change this easily?

Thats about it, thanks again for your hard work on the emu!

Koitsu

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2003, 06:02:00 PM »

excellent work, man. it plays popful mail and sol-feace, which i couldn't even get to work on the win version.

i dunno if this was said somewhere (short attention span), but to those who're switching to this gens from the PC or Hikaru's (no offense to him, but how could you not), all old save rams (srm, brm, etc.) can be sent to this emu on the XBOX. they just go in /E/UDATA/ffff051f/10B0102C7AEB/

Hikaru's gens-x saves went in /E/90x26/Sega Mega Drive/Save Data/  , so if you went kinda far in a game on his emu, and didn't want to start over, just transfer those files. it may've been mentioned, but i didn't see it.

anyway, superb, but having said that, i do have some thoughts...

can you let us set up some skins/wallpaper/textures? i'm not asking for any because i always make my own, but i just wanna be able to use them. you don't seem to be concerned with them, but i'm REALLY concerned with them.

thanx man.

jizzlobber

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2003, 09:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (bzchi @ Apr 23 2003, 12:39 AM)
The second is, when I try to load Virtua Racing 32X I get a message from the game along the lines up "This game was created for use on Euopean Mega Drive consoles only" so im gathering the emulator is saying its a US Genesis, is there a way to change this easily?

gens-x takes a guess at what region the game is but it isn't always correct.
you can force the emu to EURO by selecting the game with another button (in this case it's the black or white button, check the readme).

i'm not sure what VR32x I have but gens-x doesn't fuck it up

bzchi

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2003, 10:25:00 PM »

Thanks jizzlobber, much appreciated.

I have skimmed the readme a couple of times, both times I was so keen to get into the gaming I missed this.

Thanks for your help and apologies to everyone for asking an already answered question  unsure.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3]