xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Gens_xport V2 Released  (Read 713 times)

djoye

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2003, 06:08:00 PM »

I just wanna thank you for the cheat tutorial!  Helped me figure out infinite health in Streets of Rage 2.  THANKS!

falz

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2003, 06:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (falz @ Apr 20 2003, 02:48 PM)
QUOTE (XPort @ Apr 20 2003, 02:44 PM)
- 4 Player support (At main menu, press LTHUMB, select Emulator Options,
   then toggle 4 player setting.  Do not use this option on games that
   do not support 4-players because it will screw up the controls.  If you
   start playing a game and you wonder why your controller isn't working,
   it's probably because you left 4-player mode on.)

Awesome. Here I come, 4 player colums 3!

What game(s) were tested with multipad/multitap support? Columns 3 supports it, but it is unresponsive when you turn '4 player support' on. It acts as you hint at: game unresponsive. Ive tested with 1 through 4 controllers plugged in, there is no difference in any case. Is there something in the code specific to the EA multipad? Apparently there are two pads- the EA one supports *only* EA games, while the other adaptor supports "all the rest" (including colums 3).

Also a gui note. The new layout is far superiour to dgen, and is just great. However, there is an inconsistancy that you may want to address. While at the game list, the LEFT thumb brings up config. In game, the RIGHT thumb then brings up the config. This has caused me to launch games w/ the right thumb while viewing the rom list, as it's pretty simple to loose track of which thumb brings up the config.  Left thumb for both makes sense to me, hence swapping the gfx filter option to the right thumb while in game. This just seems less confusing and more consistant, from a GUI perspective.

Anyhow, great work, and happy wacky christian holidays! :)

--falz

XPort

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2003, 06:54:00 PM »

glitch : if 4 player support is on n u try a regular game.. it freezes....

From the NFO:

- 4 Player support (At main menu, press LTHUMB, select Emulator Options,
   then toggle 4 player setting.  Do not use this option on games that
   do not support 4-players because it will screw up the controls.  If you
   start playing a game and you wonder why your controller isn't working,
   it's probably because you left 4-player mode on.)

and

glitch - the 4 player support should b set to recognize the games.. instead of changing it everytime on just to play a game...

How nitpicky can one person get?  First off, there are very few 4/8 player games for the Genesis.  You're not going to be constantly swapping back and forth between 2-player and 4-player mode.  Furthermore, it's much more likely that 4-player games will be played in 2-player mode - so it makes more sense to not automatically switch on 4-player mode.  You sure complain a lot.

XPort

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2003, 07:23:00 PM »

falz - yes

admiralj

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2003, 08:18:00 PM »

Hey Xport - thanks for the great update to gens. I do have 3 quick questions:
1.  In regards to cddissect, is there a way to get it to output the mp3s in plain, regular stereo - as opposed to Joint Stereo? Would setting the quality to High matter any?
2. Exactly what is the naming convention of gens? data.bin/audio02.mp3 or data01.bin/audio02.mp3?
3. I've noticed that running certain 32x games (virtua fighter in particular) in 2xSai mode slows the game down. Do you know offhand if segacd games suffer from this slowdown as well?
Thanks.

falz

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2003, 09:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (admiralj @ Apr 20 2003, 09:18 PM)
2. Exactly what is the naming convention of gens? data.bin/audio02.mp3 or data01.bin/audio02.mp3?
3. I've noticed that running certain 32x games (virtua fighter in particular) in 2xSai mode slows the game down. Do you know offhand if segacd games suffer from this slowdown as well?
Thanks.

2- use the filenames that cddisect gives you if booting from a .cue file: file01.iso, file02.mp3, file03.mp3. If running from the iso, drop the '01' portion of the filename.

3- I ran lunar:ss and lunar:eb and didnt have an issues with that graphic filter. If its slow, turn it off :)

QUOTE (Loafer @ Apr 20 2003, 09:58 PM)
Like I said, I may be the only sap who has a problem with this.

yep.

--falz

XDelusion

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2003, 09:21:00 PM »

Xport: What ever you did, Dune's videos now work fine.

XPort

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2003, 04:06:00 AM »

admiralj - #1 - no,
#2 - If you are running the game by selecting the CUE file on XBox, then you don't need to worry about a naming convention (provided the names in the CUE sheet match the actual ISO/MP3 file names.  If you run the game by selecting the ISO file, then you need to follow the Gens naming convention which is described in the Gens.txt file available in the Windows version.

#3 - Don't know - if you think it is, then turn it off.

Loafer - I shall think about it.

bubbathemaster - I don't think save/load states as a selection from the Options menu is preferable to doing it in-game.  People generally prefer instant loading/saving of the games.  Also, you are not forcing throttle when you save/load state.  Throttling is *RIGHT* trigger, state saving/loading uses *LEFT* trigger.  

XDelusion - I did not change anything in the code wrt CD-emulation other than the alternate starting method.  However, I tried Dune using both methods and it played exactly the same for me either way.  You need to be more specific about what exactly was not working.  Are you using the alternate starting method?  (RTHUMB)  What video was not working correctly for you?  What is the easiest way for me to get to that video in the game?

dazdastardly

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2003, 04:14:00 AM »

smile.gif ... congrats xport...

only thing is, is the game speed slightly to fast ? or is it just me... kudos...

-dd-

DarkForce

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2003, 04:25:00 AM »

tongue.gif

what I meant about playing  originals is actually playing them in the xbox DVD, they load fine(can access them in xbmp etc...) tis a pain to go through creating ISO's when I have them at hand. Other than that, awesome release  biggrin.gif

badmonkey

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2003, 09:48:00 AM »

Ahhhhhhh ok.

Thanks

akumax

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2003, 10:36:00 AM »

How do I make a cue sheet using just the ISO and MP3s?  What program do I use?

pelago

• Recovered User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2003, 11:20:00 AM »

QUOTE (captain_harlock @ Apr 22 2003, 01:31 PM)
I would like to second the motions about moving the save/load state items to a menu rather than a button combo. Especially because I use the in game reset a lot, and that uses left trigger and black button, and wouldn't want to accidentally save state . . .

QUOTE (Xport)
IGR for me is LTRIGGER+RTRIGGER+START+BACK. Why do you have yours set to LTRIGGER+BLACK?

captain_harlock is using a Controller S, I believe, and because of the different placement of the buttons, the Executor BIOS allows an IGR pattern of LTRIGGER+RTRIGGER+START+BLACK. I think what captain_harlock is saying is that if he tries to do an IGR, he might accidently save state which he wouldn't want to do.

I think it would be excellent to be able to re-map all buttons/functions. That would (theoretically) keep everyone happy, although a pain to make a GUI, especially for the ones where you hold multiple buttons at once.

pelago

Shadowland

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2003, 12:17:00 PM »

Just wanted to express my thanks for this emulator Xport, and for FCEultra & HU-GO/HUGO-CD while I'm at it.

Simply awesome! cool.gif

mr jones

• Archived User
Gens_xport V2 Released
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2003, 12:28:00 PM »

Welcome to the boards, bro.

And I'm STILL not going back to the pipe. smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3