xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: New Emulator On Xbox?  (Read 1152 times)

sharky98

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« on: February 23, 2003, 06:38:00 PM »

I remember reading a little blurb on an emu that will eventually run PSX iso's on the xbox...

I was wondering if this was true or not.... I can't seem to find any information on the net anymore??

Just curious!!

Sharky98

Marmite

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 10:28:00 PM »

there is currently an emulator in the planning/early development stages. It is for the ps1. If anybody thinks about asking about a ps2 emulator...no. There will never be a ps2 emu for a retail w/ regular mod box.  

maximusg

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2003, 12:13:00 AM »

i heard that BenJeremy and Lumbrax were working on it along with a ciouple of other guys...

xMonoxide187x

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2003, 05:25:00 PM »

I think its an ePSXe Port...havn't heard any real news on it besides it being planned...

LumbraX

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2003, 07:37:00 PM »

Nah. We wernt able to port epsxe Sad To Say. Our Team Manager though it was a OpenSource Emu. We are now working on a pcsx port to the Xbox. We already have most of the plugins ported but they are taking forever to port. The emu when released will be called pcsXbox. We should have a release out to public by late march or maby even earlier, I cant promise anything though. We have been told that the Original PSX Games might not work with the Xbox Dvd Rom Drive. If this is the case, we will still add ISO9660 Support for people with PC DVD Rom Drives but those with burnt PSX and original PSX games may be a bit dissapointed. We may even try to add some kind of stream support were you can stream the PSX game from you PC to Xbox. But offcourse by now you all now that wont even be close to fullspeed. But from what ive been told by many people "Peeps these days will do anything for a good emulator" hehe.

http://www.pcsx.net/

BTW: This emu has already been ported to the Sega Dreamcast. So dont underestimate the power of the X. hehehe

This post has been edited by LumbraX: Feb 25 2003, 03:44 AM

Chambers

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Great work!  Do you guys plan on just porting the emu or also developing it some more to increase compatability and what not?  Also, would having multiple ISO's on a DVDR seem like something that would work?

LumbraX

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2003, 05:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (Chambers @ Feb 25 2003, 12:53 PM)
Great work!  Do you guys plan on just porting the emu or also developing it some more to increase compatability and what not?  Also, would having multiple ISO's on a DVDR seem like something that would work?

First we port. Then after first public release we will get a coder that knows his shit for PSX and he can help us develop the emu to a more mature state.

This post has been edited by LumbraX: Feb 25 2003, 09:18 PM

socrates

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2003, 05:19:00 AM »

You guys need any beta testers?

chilin_dude

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2003, 07:13:00 AM »

damn you beat me to asking that soc!well if you need anyone else like me then just yelL!

kaylapuppy

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2003, 08:42:00 AM »

While we're on the PSX topic, what is the best PSX emu for the PC ? I have tried epsxe, but did not have alot of success.
Which ones have you found to be the most compatible with the most games. And which one has the best plugin support, or do they all use the same plugins ?

Regards,
KP  

Chambers

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2003, 04:01:00 AM »

QUOTE (kaylapuppy @ Feb 25 2003, 05:35 PM)
While we're on the PSX topic, what is the best PSX emu for the PC ? I have tried epsxe, but did not have alot of success.
Which ones have you found to be the most compatible with the most games. And which one has the best plugin support, or do they all use the same plugins ?

Regards,
KP

epsxe (for nice graphics) and vgs (for compatibility)

brinwe

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2003, 04:31:00 AM »

this is what ive been waiting for, a psx emu smile.gif   so maybe i can get rid of the ol PS1 since the laser is going bad in it.  

i use ePSXe on my PC usually to test some games, but i still play the actual games on my PS1 or my bro's modded ps2.

razorrifh

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2003, 09:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (LumbraX @ Feb 25 2003, 03:30 AM)
We should have a release out to public by late march or maby even earlier, I cant promise anything though.

is march 2nd considered late march? lol i can wish cant i?  biggrin.gif

ocojaa

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2003, 05:46:00 AM »

Of course. I don't know what I'm saying or why. Hmmm

LumbraX

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2003, 08:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (razorrifh @ Mar 2 2003, 05:40 AM)
QUOTE (LumbraX @ Feb 25 2003, 03:30 AM)
We should have a release out to public by late march or maby even earlier, I cant promise anything though.

is march 2nd considered late march? lol i can wish cant i?  biggrin.gif

lol. I should have said Late March/Early April.  smile.gif

It all depends on our coders though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6