xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Psx 2  (Read 1585 times)

PRH

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2002, 09:33:00 PM »

lamor, cause he was talking a bunch of shit he didnt know about.... and anyone having a hndl like Gackt is just asking to get ass raped, and could you please explain the pictures you have, one is hannibal(Wasnt hannibal bisexual :x) and some prissy ass faggot with a sword

Scan-C

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2002, 04:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (SSChevy2001 @ Nov 3 2002, 07:07 AM)
PS2 emulation can be done for xbox, but its going to take alot of time to come up with a good emulator.

As far as processing power Yes Emotion Chip is about two times faster than xbox's 733 Pentium III.  XBOX 733 Pentium III runs at 2.93 GFLOPS while PS2 Emotion Chip runs at 6.2 GFLOPS.  That doesn't mean that PS2 is a better system it only means that the cpu is two times faster.  What your not being told is that PS2 Graphics Synthesizer does not feature any geometry processing like GameCube (Flipper) or Xbox (xGPU).  On PS2, only the Emotion Engine calculates geometry (for PS2 games). On GameCube and Xbox, the graphics processors can handle geometry calculations.  Now if you add the GFLOPS of both the Xbox Cpu+Gpu = 120GFLOPS to PS2 small 6.2GFLOPS.  Even Gamecube with it's Cpu+Gpu=10.5 GFLOPS is better that PS2 6.2 GFLOPS Emotion Chip.

Final Scores for Total GFLOPS including CPU+GPU

XBOX          = 120 GFLOPS
GameCube = 10.5 GFLOPS
PS2            = 6.2 GFLOPS

XBOX is the winner with more than 19 time the amount of GFLOPS than PS2

So now which game console is more powerful and why can't the ps2 be emulated for the xbox?

because the instructions set.every cpu instruction would have to be "translated" for the x86 cpu of the xbox.this would make a massive cpu load.you only thought about the gfx but what's with the internal instructions,sound and so on.with a nearly perfect programming it would be possible.but there is no one for a pc which is surely morepowerful than the xbox.if we will ever see a ps2 emu than it'll take years.i would be happy with a psx emu.at this time i have to use linux and epsxe to play some old games.

Gackt

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2002, 07:44:00 AM »

I agree, I never said that the PlayStation2 is a more powerful system, I said that the Emotion Engine is more Ppwerful than the Pentium 3 processor. Everyone knows that the XGPU can handle up to 80GLOPS.

PRH.... my handle what? Hannibal? A sword? What are you talking about? Get a pair of glasses, fast, you really need them.

Nobody was aggressive with you, well, not me, maybe your parents, but not me,  so don't come insulting me like that you idiot.

SSChevy2001

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2002, 08:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (Scan-C @ Nov 3 2002, 06:25 AM)
QUOTE]
because the instructions set.every cpu instruction would have to be "translated" for the x86 cpu of the xbox.this would make a massive cpu load.you only thought about the gfx but what's with the internal instructions,sound and so on.with a nearly perfect programming it would be possible.but there is no one for a pc which is surely morepowerful than the xbox.if we will ever see a ps2 emu than it'll take years.i would be happy with a psx emu.at this time i have to use linux and epsxe to play some old games.

Anway your right a full working emulator would take years.  Still I believe if an emulator had some hardware acceleration for the graphic card it may be possible. (I could be wrong I'm not a programmer!).  You say you use linux to play psx games using epsxe.  I have Xbox linux Live CD (Debian) install on my hard drive, it has no sound.  Are you running Mandrake or Debian? and do you have sound in which ever version of linux?  If your running Debian how to get sound driver?

Scan-C

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2002, 08:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (SSChevy2001 @ Nov 3 2002, 03:09 PM)
QUOTE (Scan-C @ Nov 3 2002, 06:25 AM)
QUOTE]

Anway your right a full working emulator would take years.  Still I believe if an emulator had some hardware acceleration for the graphic card it may be possible. (I could be wrong I'm not a programmer!).  You say you use linux to play psx games using epsxe.  I have Xbox linux Live CD (Debian) install on my hard drive, it has no sound.  Are you running Mandrake or Debian? and do you have sound in which ever version of linux?  If your running Debian how to get sound driver?

i'm using mandrake 9 with pete's plugins.they're the best.i connected a real psx pad with a usb adaptor and it plays nice biggrin.gif
great sound,most games work (some will never) and all with some enhanced graphic features.

erexx

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2002, 09:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (LumbraX @ Nov 2 2002, 04:23 AM)

2nd: The xbox's cpu is not pentium architecture, and if you didnt know that you should stfu

The Xbox IS CPU a PIII...
Helloo????
What planet did you just fall off?

We were talking just the "CPU's" not the whole system.

Gackt

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2002, 10:25:00 AM »

Anyway, your point was extremely stupid. The CPU that powers the Xbox is a Coppermine based Pentium 3 with only 128KB L2 cache.  While this would make many idiots like you think that the processor is indeed a Celeron, one of the key performance factors of the Pentium III that is lost in the Celeron core was left intact for this core.

Scan-C

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2002, 10:38:00 AM »

how often you used the word "idiot"?ah.....i don't want to think over that.some people just can't argument in a normal way.
i saw a few boxes were on the cpu was clearly written "mobile celeron"
but anyway its not even worth a discussion.its x86 and that's what count.

SSChevy2001

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2002, 11:46:00 AM »

Scan-C your 100% correct xbox cpu is a mobile coppermine Celeron.   The only thing I thought is strange is in linux it show the cpu MHz 777.781.  Could this be a overclocked mobile celeron?  Is it running a 140Mhz bus or 133Mhz bus?

Gackt

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2002, 11:50:00 AM »

Please accept my apologies, Scan-C, I thought you were the user PRH.

Scan-C

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2002, 12:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (SSChevy2001 @ Nov 3 2002, 06:46 PM)
Scan-C your 100% correct xbox cpu is a mobile coppermine Celeron.   The only thing I thought is strange is in linux it show the cpu MHz 777.781.  Could this be a overclocked mobile celeron?  Is it running a 140Mhz bus or 133Mhz bus?

maybe overclocked but i think it's just an error produced by linux.these few mhz don't make any difference but 140 mhz fsb would make sense.don't know exactly but now i have something to test.anyone tried to overclock the xbox fsb in linux?ok has nothing to do with the topic.i'll open a new thread if i get something important.

Drakull

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2002, 03:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (Gackt @ Oct 29 2002, 05:21 AM)
That emulator was a PlayStation emulator, not a PlayStation2 emulator, it was Connectix's VideoGameStation.

The Xbox should be able to emulate PlayStation2... theorically.

The Xbox has much more power, the only problem is that the architecture of the PlayStation2 is completely different compared to standard PCs.

Connectix VGS was not sued and forgotten... Sony bought it... it was Bleem the was that was having to stop after a trial with Sony.

PRH

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2002, 06:53:00 PM »

the cpu is NOT pentium architectur it is a mobile celeron (Because MS wished to have a cool processor)

SSChevy2001

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2002, 08:42:00 AM »

Gackt check a xbox linux spec page and see what it shows the model as a Celeron Coppermine.   Also check Spec# SL5SN on the cpu and check on intel site, the closes match is mobile celeron.  Also new all new celeron's come with SSE instructions included, but the mobile celeron come with 133 FSB.

Scan-C

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2002, 08:52:00 AM »

why are you discussing this?open up the damn box and remove the cooler.you'll find a little block that has small written "mobile celeron"
its written on the cpu itself and i don't think M$ will fool us this way.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6