xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Psx 2  (Read 1600 times)

Gackt

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2002, 10:28:00 PM »

That emulator was a PlayStation emulator, not a PlayStation2 emulator, it was Connectix's VideoGameStation.

The Xbox should be able to emulate PlayStation2... theorically.

The Xbox has much more power, the only problem is that the architecture of the PlayStation2 is completely different compared to standard PCs.

akarnid

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2002, 01:27:00 AM »

Ho hum

What is this?

A BIT early yes, but this is just a start.   FYI don't consider this to be fully operational any time soon.  This project is merely in it's per-alpha stage.

opjose

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2002, 05:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (Gackt @ Oct 29 2002, 05:21 AM)
That emulator was a PlayStation emulator, not a PlayStation2 emulator, it was Connectix's VideoGameStation.

The Xbox should be able to emulate PlayStation2... theorically.

The Xbox has much more power, the only problem is that the architecture of the PlayStation2 is completely different compared to standard PCs.

I may have to quote this post of yours on the other thread where you insisted that the opposite was true.!!!!!
laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Tom M.

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2002, 07:03:00 AM »

neither of  these two could ever emulate perfect the other side because both have some serious limitations not reachable on the opposite platform...                                    

krazyK

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2002, 01:29:00 PM »

neither of these two could ever emulate perfect the other side because both have some serious limitations not reachable on the opposite platform...

I could be mistaken but the only thing that the PS2 can do better than the Xbox is lighting

opjose

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2002, 02:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (Gackt @ Oct 29 2002, 08:01 PM)
Opjose, you already know that the processor is not the only thing important in a system, don't be ridiculous.

Sheez ease up. Take a Pill, Chill out.

I was just KIDDING you. See the SMILEYS!

Unwind, play a game, relax!

erexx

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2002, 03:21:00 PM »

I am sorry Gackt but I have a hard time
with the idea that the PS2 CPU is more powerfull than the Xbox CPU.

I know that comparing RISC based processors to CISC based processors
is comparing apples to oranges
and the PS2 processor was designed from the ground up as a game box CPU.
RISC is far supperior to CISC.

There is just no way a 300Mhz RISC processor is going
to out perform a 733 Mhz PIII. (Celeron)
They maybe about even in the race but I am sure that neither
could completely outperform the other.

I know we are not talking about MHz here.
and the way each processor crunches numbers
Apple has been trying to sell that idea for Years.
and has constantly fallen behind in the Mhz race that keeps them
in the race...

In my experiance it takes about twice the speed of a CISC core to
perform as well as a RISC based processor cores.

erexx

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2002, 10:50:00 PM »

I know a true 128 bit data bus is going to move more data per clock cycle.
Didnt miss that part.
Sega and other companies have been notorious at
skewing the whole megahertz mess with marketing dibble for years.

I dont buy the Red Ink of your post in terms of overall performance.
Thats marketing dribble too.

The PS2 has a max output of 6.2GFLOPS while the XBox CPU can do around 3 GFLOPS.

Based on RAW CPU power and sophisticated AI.
I give up this argument. Your right Gackt.

They are equals on the whole (Apples and Oranges)
with advantages and disadvantages on both sides.

A PSX EMU on the xbox would be really cool but very tough I think
A PSII EMU will never happen.

I will be happy just to see a decent N64 emu...
Now that would be Really cool!

PRH

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2002, 07:07:00 PM »

1st: Gackt is a lamor
2nd: The xbox's cpu is not pentium architecture, and if you didnt know that you should stfu
3rd: The emotion cpu would be lucky to be as half as powerful as most people think
4th: Ps2 could easily be emulated on the xbox, but obviously it is not going to be very fast because two different precessor instructrions.
5th: The emotion engine must handle all T&L Arguments, hence no gpu, and most of the time games for the ps2 will hardly use the shitty spu on the ps2. The xbox obviously has an extremely powerful gpu/spu, which takes most of the load off of the cpu, so a more powerful cpu is not needed.

If you want technical reasons for why the emotion engine is the biggest piece of shit, just read the stats on it, twin vu's linked by 150mhz dual pipes, which obviously isnt very effective, etc, etc. do research before you go saying shit

LumbraX

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2002, 09:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (PRH @ Nov 2 2002, 02:07 AM)
2nd: The xbox's cpu is not pentium architecture, and if you didnt know that you should stfu
3rd: The emotion cpu would be lucky to be as half as powerful as most people think
4th: Ps2 could easily be emulated on the xbox, but obviously it is not going to be very fast because two different precessor instructrions.
5th: The emotion engine must handle all T&L Arguments, hence no gpu, and most of the time games for the ps2 will hardly use the shitty spu on the ps2. The xbox obviously has an extremely powerful gpu/spu, which takes most of the load off of the cpu, so a more powerful cpu is not needed.

If you want technical reasons for why the emotion engine is the biggest piece of shit, just read the stats on it, twin vu's linked by 150mhz dual pipes, which obviously isnt very effective, etc, etc. do research before you go saying shit

Easily Emulated, HAH.  Their isnt even a good "WORKING" PS2 Emulator for the PC.  So how could it Easily be Emulated on the Xbox?   uhh.gif  uhh.gif
These systems both use a COMPLETLY diffrent architecture,  It would take so much power to emulate it.  (Twice The Speed Of The PS2 Processor.)
It could happen, but their will NEVER be a fully working PS2 Emulator for the Xbox.   WELL LETS SEE. BUT DONT GET YOUR HOPES TO HIGH, WE WILL BE LUCKY TO SEE A PS1 EMULATOR FOR THE Xbox.   sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif

PRH

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2002, 10:10:00 PM »

easily in the fact that these people are saying its basically impossible, it would be time consuming to make one, but is definitley possible, it obviously would be slow as shit, but you could emulate the ps2

LumbraX

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2002, 10:23:00 PM »

wink.gif  wink.gif  wink.gif    beerchug.gif   beerchug.gif

LumbraX

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2002, 04:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (PRH @ Nov 2 2002, 02:07 AM)

I hope Gackt chews your ass up on this comment.     tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

"1st: Gackt is a lamor"

LumbraX

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2002, 04:28:00 PM »

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

LumbraX

• Archived User
Psx 2
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2002, 04:28:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6