xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Jtag Optional Media Update Help  (Read 250 times)

ianrowe

• Archived User
Jtag Optional Media Update Help
« on: April 30, 2011, 04:47:00 AM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif) Ok. So a few months ago i had my jtag on the 9199 dash and was using an official xbox hdd to run xexmenu, profiles, and game updates. I used my 1 tb external hdd for freestyle dash and god's. I had the optional media update included on the original original hdd along with my xbox live gold acct (used the same hdd for my legit box). I ended up selling my hdd and running everything directly off of the external. I created a new profile to start over, but i noticed somehow my gold one was also on there, but was corrupted. I updated to the new kinect dash, and tried installing the optional media update. I yaris swapped both files and placed the FFFE07DF folder into Content >> 0000000000000000 >>    and I still get the "you need an aditional update to play this file....." . I then installed the $systemupdate and it installed successfully, but still no luck. Since i added the update files, when i restart the xbox, should't a prompt pop up asking me to download the update? Help would be GREATLY APPRICIATED! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)

This post has been edited by sabbath_dude: May 1 2011, 04:05 AM

manuforti1314

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 08:47:00 AM »

I had a similar issue.

The solution was to make sure I had the avatar part of the system update installed too.

If you have a usb flash drive handy I'm sure you can let the 360 format it and then run the latest update to install only the avatar part of the update.

As it is a jtag always be ultra careful when running system updates, double/triple check you are on the latest freebooted dashboard before you commit.

Best of luck,

This post has been edited by manuforti1314: Apr 30 2011, 03:48 PM

ianrowe

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 11:28:00 PM »

i installed the update. would it have anything to do with the new account i created and am using (not gold) or the cache? plzzzz help. a successful answer will receive $12.64 thru paypal (all i got)  

THANK YOU!

manuforti1314

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »

Just so I understand, what storage do you have on the console?

Is it a jasper with the extra internal memory?

This post has been edited by manuforti1314: May 4 2011, 08:14 PM

smokeDOGGbaby

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 12:02:00 PM »

erase the optional media files you have now. replace with non yaris swapped ones. run xm360 and it will unlock them for you. Also make sure you have the avatar/kinect update bridge u6t1/2 just to be safe if you dont have it.I know you said u updated it already.