xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Copying Movies From 1 External To Another On 360?  (Read 162 times)

tha5150

• Archived User
Copying Movies From 1 External To Another On 360?
« on: January 24, 2011, 12:16:00 PM »

my wife and i just had a baby girl and she spends most of the day in front of the TV resting. my goal is to simplify her day as i am at work, stressed out. haha supply her with a list of movies and cartoons to play at will.

ok, first i have to say this.. i have no internet at home, nor do i have a wireless router. my company supplies me with an air card for free and she doesn't surf the web or anything; other than from her phone. so it is pointless. plus i am online all day long and last thing i want is to get back online when i get home.

my current setup to watch movies is by me bringing an external drive from work home, plugging it into my laptop at home and watch the movie through VLC player on the Plasma TV. this is all too much headache for her and i have a small library only.

we have 500gb of movies here at work i can copy to a 1TB drive i have empty at home but she will not understand how to run everything on the laptop. plus i dont want that on all day long ya know?

so what i am wanting to do here is format the 1TB drive with MacDrive so that the xBox reads it, copy all my movies to it and have them show up on the Movies tab on the xBox. the only thing is, how do i get new movies to it? is there a way to plug another external drive into the 360 and copy them to the OTHER 1tb? or would i need to disconnect it, plug it into my laptop and copy that way? unfortunately the way my things are set up, this would be a pain unless i always had wires showing.

the point of this is to get the laptop out of the scene. only use the xbox. more user friendly for her. also i dont want the laptop left on for too long.
any and all help is greatly appreciated here people! any suggestions are helpful.

tha5150

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »

one more key thing to know is that 99% of the movies are in H.264 or x264 format...

hangover

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 05:23:00 AM »

Buy a cheap xbox1 and load it with xbmc and a large 1-2tb hdd installed, probably the simplest most user friendly media center available.