xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hd Optional Media Update? Can I Still Jtag?  (Read 209 times)

f0xrolder

• Archived User
Hd Optional Media Update? Can I Still Jtag?
« on: December 16, 2010, 05:00:00 AM »

Depends on what version of Dash you have. If your console is exploitable and you can jtag it, I would recommend doing that other wise for non jtagged consoles the only way to get the optional media update is to connect the console to xbox live play a media file and let it download the codecs through their servers.

if you have a console manufactured before 6-1-2009 and running upto 7371 dash your console should b exploitable. other than that dvd-rom firmware flashing is the only other hack to do to a 360, If you dont want to jtag it swap it or sell it to some1 who does.

gersrt

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 07:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(f0xrolder @ Dec 16 2010, 02:00 PM) View Post

Depends on what version of Dash you have. If your console is exploitable and you can jtag it, I would recommend doing that other wise for non jtagged consoles the only way to get the optional media update is to connect the console to xbox live play a media file and let it download the codecs through their servers.
if you have a console manufactured before 6-1-2009 and running upto 7371 dash your console should b exploitable. other than that dvd-rom firmware flashing is the only other hack to do to a 360, If you dont want to jtag it swap it or sell it to some1 who does.

I understand that mate thanks, but what I wanna know is if the update will update my dash, or any thing else, that will make my console un jtagable at a later stage.

Thanks

f0xrolder

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 08:21:00 AM »

In order for you to connect to live, and get the optional media update you will have to accept a system update. You have to be on the same dash as everyone else to have access to live and its resources. so unless u update to 12611 ur stuck.

Says it all here http://forums.xbox-s...o...637843&st=0

gersrt

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 09:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(f0xrolder @ Dec 16 2010, 05:21 PM) View Post

In order for you to connect to live, and get the optional media update you will have to accept a system update. You have to be on the same dash as everyone else to have access to live and its resources. so unless u update to 12611 ur stuck.

Says it all here http://forums.xbox-s...o...637843&st=0

Ok Thanks.

God dam, all I want to do is watch a hd channel through media center.

Can any one point me to the easiest tut for jtag, its almost a year now since I done one.  Hoping its gotton easier.

Thanks