xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Media Center Questions  (Read 67 times)

falcorthedog

• Archived User
Media Center Questions
« on: August 19, 2009, 12:22:00 AM »

I just got my xbox 360 connected to my PC and am looking forward to using the video streaming capabilities, but I had a few questions:

1. A lot of my video files need the new codecs from the xbox live update.  I don't currently have an xbox hard drive or memory card.  Is there any way to get the update without buying one of these storage devices? using a USB flash drive perhaps?

2. Most of my video files are TV shows.  I was wondering if there was a good way to organize these files in Windows Media Player.  WMP doesn't really seem to understand folder structure.  On my Xbox, I'd like to navigate different seasons of a show in different folders (e.g. Select the "Sopranos" folder and then the "Season 5" folder, so that I don't have to scroll through 5 seasons of files to get to the latest episode I'm on).  Is there any way to do this?

3. Lastly, in the xbox dashboard, there's a "Windows Media Center" tab.  Does this tab actually do anything, or do I just access my videos from the "Video Library" tab?  When I go to the WMC tab, it just says "checking network" and then gives me a code to type into my PC.  I can't figure out where I'm supposed to put this code.

Sorry for the random questions, and thanks in advance!