xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: .mkv > 360 With 5.1? Pulling My Hair Out Here  (Read 143 times)

spyder7777

• Archived User
.mkv > 360 With 5.1? Pulling My Hair Out Here
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(mooshoepork @ Jan 7 2008, 05:12 AM) *

Hey! I thought I'd join the forums after reading through the various tutorials posted on how to play video trhough the 360. I just bought one, so I am a little unaware of many things, and was wondering if someone could help me. I have read the tutorials and stickies, but am still at a loss. I'll give you my situation first.

I have a few 720p and 1080p videos that I want to play on the 360, with 5.1 sound. I want to convert them first, rather than stream and do it at the same time, as my PC is a tad old. So far, I have tried all the tutorials here (avisynth wouldn't work, maybe I wasn't doing the script properly). I have tried:

windows media encoder = encoded for 6 hours, gave ma a 5.2 kb file.
videora = was going to take 30 hours to convert a 4 gig video
Encode 360 = took 6 hours, and gave me horrible quality on the highest settings.
WME assistant = worked, but only gave me 3 minutes.

I was thinking of BUYING WME assistant, as it seems to be able to do the 5.1 sound and such without much of a headache. If somone could give me any other suggestions, I would be more than willing to try them. I pulling my hair out here!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

edit: the 720p file is- .mkv with MPEG-4 AVC and the audo was AC3 ( I assume the 360 doesn't support AC3? which is part of the problem?)

Ok, This takes a little bit of time to setup but it works 100%!!!!! I can now convert .mkv files and stream them to my xox 360. It only takes about 10mins to convert the file and now it is VERY easy to complete this process........

Go here: Xbox and .mkv

wulfie

• Archived User
.mkv > 360 With 5.1? Pulling My Hair Out Here
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 11:17:00 AM »

I just use tmpgenc xpress to convert to hd wmv with 5.1 audio.  Works like a charm biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 [2]