xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: (UK) Video Store Launching Next Week  (Read 159 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
(UK) Video Store Launching Next Week
« on: December 04, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | December 4 14:54 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From the press release:

Following the huge success of Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace Video Store in the US, where it has changed the way Xbox 360™ owners view and enjoy video, Microsoft® today announced that Xbox LIVE Marketplace Video Store will open for business in the UK on 11th December.

Xbox 360 owners will be able to rent full-length films such as 300, The Good German, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from as little as 250 Microsoft Points (*ERP £2) for Standard Definition movies and from 380 Microsoft Points (*ERP £3.20 [1]) for High Definition movies. This is in addition to over 100 music videos currently available to download from partners Ministry of Sound, Sony BMG, PIAS and Vid Zone.

With this launch, Xbox LIVE Marketplace becomes the first video on demand service to be available in six countries - US, Canada, UK, Ireland, France and Germany - and cements its place as the worldwide leader in online distribution of high-definition gaming and entertainment content.

foldor

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 02:36:00 PM »

Why the hell does it list Canada as being part of the 6 countries? There is no purchasable video content in Canada. In fact there is only a few of the free videos here. Which Are either advertisements or Viva Pinata.

slowass

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 03:32:00 PM »

This is truly the way to go. Im not going to bother and download a 10Gb movie, unrar, move computer to livingroom, hookup with projector and audio-system to save £3. The most anoying thing with rental stores is that you have to go there, find a movie, findout its scratched bla bla... And the most disturbing thing about digital distribution have always been the high price. People might be cheap, but most of us just know when the companies are playing with us. So give us the movies at a fair price and we'll gladly pay.

Affordable digital distributed HD Movies that downloads as you watch it: HELL YEA!

zegita

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 04:02:00 PM »

HEY HEY HEY! Thats unfair, what about all the other EU country's?

zoink2000

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 06:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(foldor @ Dec 4 2007, 11:12 PM) View Post

Why the hell does it list Canada as being part of the 6 countries? There is no purchasable video content in Canada. In fact there is only a few of the free videos here. Which Are either advertisements or Viva Pinata.

It goes live next Tuesday.
http://www.xbox.com/...07/default2.htm

SupaDawg

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 12:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(zoink2000 @ Dec 5 2007, 02:45 AM) *

well, i'll be damned. how'd that miss the x-s front page?

fiya

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 07:38:00 AM »

Strangely, i couldnt access anything in the video marketplace before but since the update I can preview all the videos. I just cant download...this happen to anyone else?

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 11:53:00 AM »

I am so happy about this news, family guy, American dad etc in HD I'll be watching them over and over again...