xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: .evo To .mkv  (Read 85 times)

impimpin206

• Archived User
.evo To .mkv
« on: October 30, 2007, 08:37:00 AM »

Run EVO file through graphedit to Avisynth, then to TMPGEnc. Using the guide in my sig, just take those steps and set your resolution to 1920x800 for *most* 1080p movies... but this may vary. You can scale the movie down to 720p with TMPGEnc or Avisynth if you want. If you do 1920x1080 be sure to set a DVD9 output size.

For graphedit, I use Nero decoders.

will2learn

• Archived User
.evo To .mkv
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 02:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(impimpin206 @ Oct 30 2007, 04:13 PM) View Post

Run EVO file through graphedit to Avisynth, then to TMPGEnc. Using the guide in my sig, just take those steps and set your resolution to 1920x800 for *most* 1080p movies... but this may vary. You can scale the movie down to 720p with TMPGEnc or Avisynth if you want. If you do 1920x1080 be sure to set a DVD9 output size.

For graphedit, I use Nero decoders.

First of all thank-you for your pinned tutorial on conversion from mkv to wmv for streaming purposes etc.

However, as I do not have any mkv files-I was very interested in this post and your reply-I have been using tutorials from other web-sites for conversion of HD DVD-one tutuorial in particular converts HD DVD to mkv-but I can't get AC3 audio without error messages. As well, I don't have TMPGEnc. Express 4-would buy it if I was able to satisfactorily convert evo video and audio to mkv.  

I have a merged evo file for King Kong that is about 22 gb long that plays perfectly in windows media player which I've run through graphedit using Sonic 4.2 which plays fine.  Audio_Only is dts renamed as a ddp file which plays fine through graphedit using Sonic HD demeuxer/Sonic 4.2 & default audio renderer.

I can't seem to get any further-ea3to & ea3togui to ac3 starts fine but gives me error messages and the resulting audio file sounds like the chipmunks.  I also tried noremacyug's method of converting DTS  to AC3 using Tranzcode as I have a good DTS demux from evo demux-but the resulting audio is not recognizable. I also tried using Graphedit to create a wav file for the audio-adding wav dest to my graph & file writer filter to create a wav. file-but the wav file is distorted.

If you could explain your suggestion as to running the evo file through graphedit to avisynth in more detail it would be appreciated-if that works I will then buy TMPGEnc Express 4.0 to complete the encoding based on your tutorial. What Nero filters are you using?  I would assume that you mean the entire video & audio streams through Graphedit and a script for avisynth?  
I do have the Nero Bluray-HD Dvd plug-in installed with Nero 8 Ultra on a Vista-Dell 9300 Dual Core.  

Thank-you in advance.