xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 'Children of Men' HD DVD Hits Xbox 360 Playback Snag?  (Read 295 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
'Children of Men' HD DVD Hits Xbox 360 Playback Snag?
« on: March 30, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | March 30 15:13 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From highdefdigest.com:

We've received numerous reader reports that Universal's new 'Children of Men' HD DVD is a bit of lemon for some Xbox 360 owners, due to incompatibility problems with the console's HD DVD add-on drive.

'Children of Men' hit stores earlier this week on March 27, as one of the most highly-anticipated HD DVD releases on the format thus far, and as our Kenneth Brown wrote in his recent review of the disc, it apparently boasts stellar video and audio. Unfortunately, more than a few Xbox 360 owners have had issues playing it on the device's popular HD DVD add-on drive, with many of our readers writing in to say that the disc simply won't play, and that even multiple returns of the disc have produced the same issue.

When testing the disc out on our own Xbox 360 add-on HD DVD drive, we had the same results -- the disc spins in the tray, but is seemingly unrecognized by the system. A black screen and a reboot threw us back to the Microsoft Dashboard menu regardless of how many times we continued to try and load the film. We tried this dic on another Xbox 360 and found the same problem. Strangely, that tryout was even more unsuccessful -- we didn't even make it to a black screen, it simply spun the disc longer than usual and remained at the Dashboard menu.

Full Story: highdefdigest.com

eatshitanddie

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 01:32:00 PM »

Ouchy.

EliTe.Modder

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »

They'll have a field-day with this one.

BrutalDeathRaver

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »

strange, works perfectly fine in mine.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »

*jokes* maybe the 360's parental controls are not liking the title
Children of Men'
laugh.gif *jokes*

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 01:49:00 PM »

oh boy! I can hear the $ony fanboys laughing right now.  Hopefully this is just a one time deal.

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »

It's too bad they still haven't fixed all of the many problems that the add-on has had since launch...

BrutalDeathRaver

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(epsilon72 @ Mar 30 2007, 09:00 PM) View Post

It's too bad they still haven't fixed all of the many problems that the add-on has had since launch...

problems?

i've got nearly 30 hd-dvds and have had 0 problems running any of them in 1080p.

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(BrutalDeathRaver @ Mar 30 2007, 01:11 PM) View Post

problems?

i've got nearly 30 hd-dvds and have had 0 problems running any of them in 1080p.

When I had one I had problems with audio sync on almost every movie.  With some movies (Batman Begins, for example) the audio lag was so terrible that the movie was unwatchable.  It was not my receiver's fault either.

I haven't had a 360/HD-DVD add-on since January though, I don't know if they've fixed that particular problem.

The HD-DVD drive did have problems recognizing some discs also, if I recall correctly.

Maverick0984

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(epsilon72 @ Mar 30 2007, 03:14 PM) View Post

When I had one I had problems with audio sync on almost every movie.  With some movies (Batman Begins, for example) the audio lag was so terrible that the movie was unwatchable.  It was not my receiver's fault either.

I haven't had a 360/HD-DVD add-on since January though, I don't know if they've fixed that particular problem.

The HD-DVD drive did have problems recognizing some discs also, if I recall correctly.

I also had no problems with the HD-DVD player whatsoever.  I've also heard very few negative reports about it, I claim user error, tongue.gif.

Romps

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 02:59:00 PM »

Ive had zero problems with add on either

Helliano

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 03:36:00 PM »

This is a patchable issue, puh! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) and only someone experience it, friend of mine have the Children of Men up and running like a charm.

Epsilon seems like that are user issues, there are very few reports of issues with the HD-DVD addon.

However the most common is that someone put i blu-ray disc in it ^^.

This post has been edited by Helliano: Mar 30 2007, 10:42 PM

Deihmos

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 03:25:00 PM »

I think websites make up these things to get hits to their site. The movie plays fine for me and looking at that website forum everyone is saying it works fine.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »

making it up?  no... jumping the gun? most likely....

Just because some people arent having the problem doesnt mean others are not!!! It seems to be more of an inconsistancy with the dvd as other players are having trouble with the disc too. Harldy new though. This has been the showing since day one of BR and HD-DVD, inconsistant players and discs.

neovader

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 03:54:00 PM »

the PS3 had the same problem with The Descent not playing because it used BR-Java, if I remember correctly they fixed it through a firmware update, so no big deal,  plays fine on my drive though.
Pages: [1] 2