xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: .ts Files Crashing Xbox 360 Media Center...help!  (Read 97 times)

boscorooty

• Archived User
.ts Files Crashing Xbox 360 Media Center...help!
« on: July 04, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »

So I have installed HDTVPump and succesfully managed to get my Media Center PC to play .TS movies, but I have an odd problem on my Xbox.

If I run Xbox 360 media center, all is fine.  However, once I put a .ts file in my shared folder on my PC, and select that folder on my Xbox, the Xbox 360 Media Center locks up and dumps me to a "Disconnected" screen.

Mind you, I'm only selecting the folder, not even the .ts file itself.  Just having the file in the folder causes the problem.  

Any advice from anyone who's managed to get this all working?

Thanks,
Rob

Slomar

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 11:05:00 PM »

Try putting the files in your personal folders... ie my music.  Forget the Sharing permissions.  Then go to add media on videos and see what happens.  MCE05 should set up your folder permissions to how it likes it.  If you mess with them weird things happen.

bill55

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 08:01:00 AM »

I am having the exact same issue you describe. If you remove the .TS files from the folder it works fine. As soon as I drop a .TS in my shared folder it crashes the 360 MCE.

It's driving me crazy that I can't get .TS files to work when they seem to work for everyone else.

MaxP

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »

odd situation indeed....

one word of caution... i have seen the odd .TS of late that is actualy coded in H264
im not sure what effect this might have on the 360.

also i have never used the "My Videos"
i create a seperate folder and then add that.

bill55

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 05:18:00 PM »

I did add a seperate folder with only the .ts file in it. Still the same crashing. When I say "My Video's" I mean in the interface in MCE on the 360. It's called My Videos.

The type of .ts isnt the problem. I checked to make sure these weren't the h.264 ones you were referring to.

Jrgong420

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 08:54:00 AM »

Has anybody tried just reencoding the .ts files to mpeg.  I'm pretty sure .ts files are just streaming mpeg. I know thats not really an answer but it's an option.