xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Emulate Playback Of Xvid On Extender (xbox360)  (Read 201 times)

SilentWatcher

• Archived User
Emulate Playback Of Xvid On Extender (xbox360)
« on: November 26, 2005, 05:09:00 PM »

It would definitely be very useful to encode video to MPEG or WMV on the fly and stream it to Xbox.  I think frist what we need to do is see if we could use another program to stream video to the 360. Then that program could be modified to encode the video to a compatible format.

prankfurter

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 11:49:00 PM »

you would need a decent computer to encode on the fly... wmv encoding is processor intensive

kevlar69

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 02:05:00 AM »

When I found out that 360 wouldn't stream divx I was so mad!. I actually bought the OEM version of MCE and installed on my pc ready for when I get my 360 ( UK launch hopefully ), mainly to stream all my downloaded divx files, to replace my old xbox/xbmc. Does anyone know why the 360 doesn't support Divx? my guess is its a royalty thing, i.e. divx may be free for home use but to include the divx codec pre installed in a piece of hardware would probably mean MS coughing up some cash. If this is the case hopefully the codec will be downloadable through live marketplace, I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks for it to avoid having to convert almost every video file I download.