xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Any Method Of Transferring Mp3's To The Hdd?  (Read 263 times)

main_element

• Archived User
Any Method Of Transferring Mp3's To The Hdd?
« on: November 25, 2005, 03:50:00 PM »

Currently, there is no way to write any data to the HDD except for game saves of course.

lesman

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(main_element @ Nov 25 2005, 02:57 PM) View Post

Currently, there is no way to write any data to the HDD except for game saves of course.

rolleyes.gif I have put  a ton of music on my hard drive, and pictures from my computer. GRanted, I think the music wasn't MP3 format, I think it was .wav or something similar.

flingshitte

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 10:10:00 PM »

so do i, just burn cds on the computer and pop them in the drive, go over to media tab and click rip cd if it doenst automatically give that option...i have a ton of songs on my 360, and the custom soundtrack feature works like a charm in nfs:most wanted

dracus

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 10:56:00 PM »

external hard discs dont seem to work...thumb drives do.

main_element

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 12:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(lesman @ Nov 25 2005, 11:16 PM) View Post

rolleyes.gif I have put  a ton of music on my hard drive, and pictures from my computer. GRanted, I think the music wasn't MP3 format, I think it was .wav or something similar.

and how do you do that?

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 02:26:00 AM »

The 360 will copy a regular CD to the hard drive like the xbox did. But the 360 reads burned media. So just burn a normal CD out of the music and copy it to your 360. You cannot copy media to your hard drive any other way. You can hook up a mp3/thumbdrive/some external hard drives to play from them though. The best way is to just stream from your windows xp pc. that way the music is always available and you only have to manage one library and it is only taking up space on one device.

Megamil

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 02:35:00 AM »

Yeah just stream music from your computer or portable device.  I was so excited when I found out you don't have to put music on the HDD.  Don't waste space you can use for a demo or something.  Just stream the music....you won't even notice the difference.....seriously....it plays flawless.

main_element

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »

Yea I knew about being able to copy CD's to the HD, but that seems pointless to me, when you can easily stream it. Streaming is definitely the way to go, since the hd is so small, and my music collection is so huge. The only problem is I have to organize my MP3's better cuz the way the 360 reads them and organizes them isn't the best. For example, on my PC, I have different folders for every artist and subfolders for each of their albums. It would be nice if I was able to browse through folders like windows explorer.

Beelzabub

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 01:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(main_element @ Nov 26 2005, 09:09 PM) View Post

Yea I knew about being able to copy CD's to the HD, but that seems pointless to me, when you can easily stream it. Streaming is definitely the way to go, since the hd is so small, and my music collection is so huge. The only problem is I have to organize my MP3's better cuz the way the 360 reads them and organizes them isn't the best. For example, on my PC, I have different folders for every artist and subfolders for each of their albums. It would be nice if I was able to browse through folders like windows explorer.

I too have a similar setup for my music on my pc and I'm hating the way the xbox360 organize the music

Megamil

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 01:40:00 AM »

In order to get the music organized the way you want you have to make a new folder and copy only the music you will want to listen to into the folder.  I made it so that it sounds like all the songs will play Randon.  Works like a charm so far.....