xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Burning A Dvd "audio" Disc  (Read 215 times)

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
Burning A Dvd "audio" Disc
« on: November 25, 2005, 03:55:00 AM »

so i noticed you cant rip mp3s straight onto the 360 which kinda sucks but you can rip regular cds does anyone know how to burn a dvd "audio" disc so i and other people could rip all of their songs onto the 360

zombie4rave

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 06:17:00 AM »

You would need disc writing software that would allow you to write tracks to your dvd in standard cd audio format.  I would assume that the 360 would then be able to rip the disc. Ive never tried to do this myself so I really dont know if theres anything out there that will.  I may give it a try myself with Nero. I usually just stream tracks from my pc or ipod. I am working on getting an external drive case with usb so I can hook up a 100Gb hdd filled with music.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 09:40:00 AM »

if you're talking about an Audio CD then just about any GOOD burning software will allow you do to that, Nero, Roxio etc.

if you're talking about a DVD-Audio disc then you'll need DVD Audio Mastering software as well as DVD mastering software, in addition to burning software.

However DVD-Audio discs don't store any more music then CDs, the quality is just higher.

I assume you're looking for CD quality on a DVD dics, (so you can fit more on it) but I don't believe that's possible.