xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Microsoft Still Working on BC Games  (Read 112 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Microsoft Still Working on BC Games
« on: January 24, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »

Microsoft Still Working on BC Games-- Posted by XanTium on January 24 12:45 EST
From xbox360.ign.com:

Microsoft still plans on making Xbox 360 backward compatible (BC) games prior to March 2006, the company told IGN today, contradicting a report posted earlier alleging it has halted work on said titles.

In an official but canned statement, Microsoft said this: "The backward compatibility updates are not on hold, and we're working to deliver them as soon as possible. We don't yet have a delivery date for these and will update you as soon as we can."
Microsoft said the information originally generated from a podcast that was misinterpreted.

Read More: xbox360.ign.com and Xbox Team Blog

Brizzzer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 12:04:00 PM »

Well thats good, that means more Xbox games to play if you don't have many 360 games.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

MaulerX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 12:22:00 PM »

I didn't quite believe that earlier report anyway. On vacation for the month of January? Um.. o.k.

Torx-T3D

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »

why would you let ALL your staff on a vacation for a whole month right after console launch anyways...
i knew it had to be BS.

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »

I'd rather see a good, thourough, stable BC patch in March than a rushed, buggy, problematic one in January or February.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(C o s m o @ Jan 24 2006, 02:38 PM) *

I'd rather see a good, thourough, stable BC patch in March than a rushed, buggy, problematic one in January or February.

no matter what, the first emu. code for whatever new games are not going to be perfect.  from what i understand they are still improving the emu. on current BC games still.  i much rather have it asap and know that it will continue to improve then to wait for better emu. code that would only result in smoother playing rendered videos

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »

they really need to get working on this

i for one have not been happy with my xbox360 for this very reason

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 02:54:00 PM »

As long as they fix the ghosting in Halo2 and add Rallisport Challenge 2, I'll be happy.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 03:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(damam @ Jan 24 2006, 03:08 PM) *

they really need to get working on this

i for one have not been happy with my xbox360 for this very reason

then it is very obvious that you got the 360 for the wrong reason.  to buy a next gen system so you can play last gen games and letting that be the defining factor of how happy you are with the system just seems assinine to me.   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Mjkthirdeye

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 03:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Jan 24 2006, 03:45 PM) *

then it is very obvious that you got the 360 for the wrong reason.  to buy a next gen system so you can play last gen games and letting that be the defining factor of how happy you are with the system just seems assinine to me.   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Yeah, I'd have to say, should have gone with an xbox if thats all you were wanting from it. No wonder you're unhappy you dropped 400 bucks for what would have been a 150 dollar gaming machine.

SharkUW

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 04:04:00 PM »

is there a list of games that are expected to be added into the next BC update?

(CC)

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 04:10:00 PM »

There isnt, but I think there wont be many, but theyll be the ones people want. Think Soul Caliber etcetc.

mgamer20o0

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 05:20:00 PM »

i dont think they will say anything about the games being bc. if they picked a game to try to get it to work and they cant it would be seen as a failure. like they said they try to get this one game to work and end up having others that also work now. after all long hours programing before the system came out i would wanna take jan off also. give some time to kick back before having to go back and figure out a way to get the rest of the games working with bc.

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Jan 24 2006, 10:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Mjkthirdeye)
Yeah, I'd have to say, should have gone with an xbox if thats all you were wanting from it. No wonder you're unhappy you dropped 400 bucks for what would have been a 150 dollar gaming machine.

i won mine

i do have hopes for the future - but right now i am pretty disappointed.

Lizard King

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »

Im going to have to disagree with you here. When it comes down to eating brownbag lunches since August to afford this thing, asnd then see the games I want get shot off the launch list, and see the features I would like (streaming video) get restricted, the only reason for me to get it at launch was the BC. The list came out and 2 of my 6 games were on it. Games I've played untold hours on, and could play hours and hours more. 2 out of 6 isn't bad for now. Until March when I get some games that I want for the 360 anyway.

Well my friends. "Working" and "playable" are two different words. Ninja Gaiden Black and Halo2 are unplayable (in my mind).

Luckily I still have the Xbox. But my point is, this rumour that stated that very few improvements would show up in 2006 was disheartening. I would like the 360 to replace my Xbox eventually. As of now, I still own no games, other than 7 Xbox Live Arcade games....hmmph.

BC is touted as a feature ....why can't someone be disappointed about it whithout being told they are wrong?

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Jan 24 2006, 04:45 PM) *

This post has been edited by Lizard King: Jan 25 2006, 01:51 AM