xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Idea To Get Retailer To Find You A 360  (Read 56 times)

feflicker

• Archived User
Idea To Get Retailer To Find You A 360
« on: December 06, 2005, 10:10:00 PM »

Here is an idea, I won't do it because I think it is kind of pathetic/dishonest, but if you are really desperate because you just missed getting your Xbox 360 at the store you could try this:

===============================================

Scenario: Say You just stood in line at 8AM at Target. You were 5th in line, they had 4 consoles. (Even if you weren't there, if you know for sure the store sold some that day you could try this).

1) Get ahold of Target Corporate (or regional, General Manager, Store Manager, etc) later in the day. Tell them "I was in line to get an Xbox 360 this morning at XXX store and I was turned away and told the consoles were gone. 10 minutes later I walked by and heard a kid tell an employee "I am XXXX cousin, I am here to get my Xbox". Tell them the employee came out of the back and rang the kid up (This is really happening out there, so it isn't that far fetched!).

2) Explain that you have been at various Targets when the stores open everyday for over a week trying to get your hands on one of these.

3) Demand/ask that they find you another console as soon as possible since you were treated unfairly as a customer.

Ok, there are holes in this (like if you don't have the employees name, etc), but you never know, you might get that one guy who doesn't want to leave a customer with a bad taste, and he might actually find one for you...

And YES. It has come to this  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 11:28:00 PM »

id basically do anything besides pay over retail price for one.
im just hoping these are revised 360's with no heat / scratching defects.

MicroMods

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 12:29:00 AM »

No theyre not "revised"...

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 02:54:00 AM »

Demand/ask that they find you another console as soon as possible since you were treated unfairly as a customer.

Where do you propose thye are going to get a 360 from. Do you think they are going to save some back just in case the manager gives some to his cosuin and upsets customers.??
Bottom line if they sold out and you missed out , you missed out live with it.
If you were 6th and they had 5 then you have more chance of getting one by writing to
Marvin The Magician
360 Desperateforanxbox360 Road
No360s State
Neverinamillionyearsland

This post has been edited by Chancer: Dec 7 2005, 10:54 AM

dgrams2003

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 06:37:00 AM »

Plus there is also the slight chance that someone called on the phone while
they were in stock, before they all were given out...
A store may put a name on a system to hold... which could
be the cause of someone else coming in later to get their XBox.
Just another hole in your theory.

drummin82

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 07:23:00 AM »

I think he's saying tell the store that you were told that there were none remaining, and then you saw the same employee backdooring one to a friend after you were told none were left. Still doubtful it would work though.

This post has been edited by drummin82: Dec 7 2005, 03:25 PM

slcsnkman

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 07:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(feflicker @ Dec 6 2005, 09:41 PM) *

Here is an idea, I won't do it because I think it is kind of pathetic/dishonest, but if you are really desperate because you just missed getting your Xbox 360 at the store you could try this:

Scenario: Say You just stood in line at 8AM at Target. You were 5th in line, they had 4 consoles. (Even if you weren't there, if you know for sure the store sold some that day you could try this).

1) Get ahold of Target Corporate (or regional, General Manager, Store Manager, etc) later in the day. Tell them "I was in line to get an Xbox 360 this morning at XXX store and I was turned away and told the consoles were gone. 10 minutes later I walked by and heard a kid tell an employee "I am XXXX cousin, I am here to get my Xbox". Tell them the employee came out of the back and rang the kid up (This is really happening out there, so it isn't that far fetched!).

2) Explain that you have been at various Targets when the stores open everyday for over a week trying to get your hands on one of these.

3) Demand/ask that they find you another console as soon as possible since you were treated unfairly as a customer.

Ok, there are holes in this (like if you don't have the employees name, etc), but you never know, you might get that one guy who doesn't want to leave a customer with a bad taste, and he might actually find one for you...

And YES. It has come to this  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)

this sounds like something a 10 year old would do.

If you didnt get one wait anf try again like the rest of us.  Lying will get you no where

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 10:13:00 AM »

this sounds like something a 10 year old would do.

If you didnt get one wait anf try again like the rest of us. Lying will get you no where

Did you even read what I said?

think he's saying tell the store that you were told that there were none remaining, and then you saw the same employee backdooring one to a friend after you were told none were left. Still doubtful it would work though.

Exactly.

Where do you propose thye are going to get a 360 from. Do you think they are going to save some back just in case the manager gives some to his cosuin and upsets customers.??

No, I was thinking more along the lines of setting aside a unit for you when the next batch comes in. And if it was a regional manager, I bet they could find one...

==================================

It was just an idea I had. I never intended on doing it, but I thought I would post the SCAM if anyone out there was desperate enough to try it. It's not like it is far fetched anyway, this has REALLY happened to people...

It was supposed to be funny too, because I was basically saying that were are at the point where (some of us) are having to try and SCAM the store just to get a shot at buying one before the employees and their friends do....  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jester.gif)