xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xlink Kai Doesn't Show Games  (Read 217 times)

c-2

• Archived User
Xlink Kai Doesn't Show Games
« on: January 22, 2008, 07:58:00 AM »

theirs a file called kaivectors.xml in your XBMC .. delete it and restart XBMC , see what happens ..

RMM

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 09:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(SpazticKilla @ Mar 2 2008, 03:21 AM) View Post

hey, i just did this...

but its still not showing all the games... i have to launch them manually and im not sure if its working properly

The first thing you need to do is make sure you have played the game and have a game save folder for that game because if you dont, Xlink wont be able to find it. That being said.........

The problem with downloading a new kai-vectors.xml is the file has many errors and missing games which will cause some games not to show up and wrong games starting instead of the one you have selected to play.  This is a problem that hopefully the Xlink guys will fix but until then you can edit the kai-vectors.xml yourself and get the games working as they should be.  

I dont know how many errors the kai-vectors.xml file has but out of the 18 System Link games I have, I noticed 3 have errors (Halo, Halo 2, Unreal Championship 2) so I would bet there are probably more errors with other games as well.  

RMM

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 10:36:00 PM »

Now getting to the editing kai-vectors.xml part

As I mentioned before you have to have played the game before Xlink will show the game.  This is because Xlink uses the games save folder in order to know which game to start.  If the folder is listed wrong in kai-vectors.xml thats when you get problems with games not showing up or different games starting than the one you want but like I said you can fix theses problems.  If you would like to edit the kai-vectors.xml yourself to get your games working try these steps:

1   FTP kai-vectors.xml over to your computer and open it up with wordpad

2   Search for the game you are having trouble with by scanning through the list of games

3   On your Xbox using the Blackbolt MC360 skin for XBMC goto the games blade and goto "Games Saves" and look for the game in question

4   Once you find the game in MC360 "Game Saves" look to the right hand side and you will see a bunch of numbers and/or letters which will be the name of the folder that contains that particular game's, game saves.

5  compare the name of the game save folder from MC360 to the ID given for the game in the kai-vectors.xml.  These should match and if they dont there is an error of some sort with the kai-vectors.xml.    If the Xbox says a games save folder is 4D530064 then thats where the game is at.  The ID for that game in kai-vectors.xml has to match the actual game save folder or you will have problems.

For example if you open up the current kai-vectors.xml that is being download from Xlink  and look for halo 2 with wordpad you will see Halo 2 has an ID (its game save folder) of 4D530004 which is written as:
<title id="0X4D530004">
<vector>Arena/XBox/First Person Shooter/Halo 2</vector>
</title>

However, if you look at your games saves folder on your Xbox, Halo 2 is actually saved to folder 4D530064 which should be written as
<title id="0X4D530064">
<vector>Arena/XBox/First Person Shooter/Halo 2</vector>
</title>

Obviously kai-vectors.xml is pointing to the wrong game save folder because the Halo 2 save folder is 4D530064 not 4D530004 as kai-vectors.xml has listed.  To fix this problem simple change the 4D530004 part to the correct 4D530064 and save.  Pay no attention to the 0X part in front of the game save folder because all games will have the 0X in kai-vectors.xml before the folder name.

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »

post all the updated entries here and i'll make sure this gets fixed ..

SpazticKilla

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 08:32:00 PM »

hmmm, i just checked on the save files and kai vectors folder and the games are named properly to the save folders... but the games still arnt showing up

i have no idea whats wrong sad.gif

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 08:24:00 AM »

ok .. all the entries here have been updated / fixed .. delete kai-vectors.xml and let XBMC re-download it and all should be well .. lemme know.

RMM

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 09:08:00 PM »

Thanks c-2 for getting it taken care of.  Everythings working good now.