xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Xbox LIVE being discontinued for Original Xbox consoles and games  (Read 4549 times)

Mr.Slim

• Archived User
Xbox LIVE being discontinued for Original Xbox consoles and games
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2010, 12:57:00 PM »

I never got to play on the original xbox live  sad.gif

does that one Xlink kia version of xbox live for modded xboxs still work these days

?

ex-box

• Archived User
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2010, 02:04:00 AM »

How did I miss this?

I wanted to play Steel Battalion System link with 2 players.. only to find that I can no longer can go on live to unlock all the locked contet... you cant  unlock stuff without playing online.

i guess I only have the 2 training 2 mechs... till i mod these xboxes to unlock the game so it can be played via system link...  

Someone asked if there were any private or corporate owned live servers.

Yes. Capcom had their own. they were utterly shitty and lagariffic and they were only in Japan.

You had to play 3 US or UK against 5 Japanese players (that had no lag). needless to say. they shut the servers off very early into the  lifespan of the game.

GTTeancum

• Archived User
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2010, 08:25:00 AM »

At this point your best bet is to try and find someone who has a savegame with everything unlocked.

ex-box

• Archived User
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2010, 11:31:00 AM »

If it was only that easy.

if i am not mistaken, You had to  capture  units in battle in the online campain to get new ones. as you won them it was written to your profile. Almost like an achivement.

Once the capcom's campain server went down, you just had to connect to live and they all unlocked.

There is a hack if you have a modded xbox. I only have one old modded left and a pile of 8 differnt un modded limited editions that 1 was trying to avoid modding .

thats ok. Saves me from paying Microsoft for a new  live account that i might or might not use... altho i still have a bunch of free 1 month trials..

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]