xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: On Live With Modchip On Using M$ Bios  (Read 41 times)

paul_phil

• Archived User
On Live With Modchip On Using M$ Bios
« on: November 30, 2004, 08:23:00 AM »

Hi there,

Just to through another spanner into the works with the LPC scan theory here's my story;

I'd been playin on LIVE for quite a while (using 120GB HD and modchip turned off) until Halo 2 came along and a day later I was banned.

A friend on mines Xbox had broken [didn't boot just flashed green] had a look and everything checked out fine apart from motherboard. I thought what the hell I'll try fitting a modchip (X2.6 Lite) and see if that gets it to boot. Hey presto, it booted straight up using an 4983 bios, just flashed green as before with the modchip turned off. Just out of curiosity I put a M$ bios on the second bank and got it to boot to the dashboard. Hmm, I wonder if it goes on LIVE? It connected to LIVE fine and I been playing on LIVE with it using the M$ bios on the 2nd bank of the modchip for about 2 1/2 weeks. This is Just using the stock drive, I haven't gone on LIVE using the 120GB yet.

My mate ending up with my old motherboard since he doesn't use LIVE and I've kept his motherboard with the modchip fix.

I hope this helps people in the search for the bannings.

Cheers.