xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live - Age Restricted Rooms?  (Read 80 times)

feflicker

• Archived User
Xbox Live - Age Restricted Rooms?
« on: November 23, 2004, 03:17:00 PM »

dry.gif

Can any of this be controlled? Or should I just give up and stick to playing in private games with my friends?  tongue.gif

deacon187

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

this type of stuff pisses me off so bad and im the one banned beacuae i  have a mod chip, why not these little twerps taking all this trash, i asked over a year ago about reporting people and was told until at least 100 reports were made about one said person nothing would happen

ive been on live since it started, since before i even modded my box listening to this crap, the best thing to do is get your group and only play other groups late at night to stay away of the aggravating kinds during the day cause all they do is wanna make you cuss back at them

although i think a phonecall to M$ to report them will go farther than giving - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -- - feedback a 100 times

you can always mute the ass holes if you dont want to here them yet stay in the same room

but over all i think there more as well as us pissed cause they dont have a group to play with yet keep getting kicked out of our rooms because they dont have a group to play with, not to many peeps run a random room these days, its mostly clan vs clan

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 10:59:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

Lord Magnus

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 07:17:00 PM »

wink.gif

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »

smile.gif

I'm sure half of the dicks that I come across online are over 18

I basically end up muting anyone in the first few seconds of an H2 match who was an asshole in the lobby.

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 12:24:00 AM »

Lots of adults are assholes too

True, but how many adult assholes are trolling the H2 training area on Live calling everyone, including children, "gay" and "fags". I would hope the answer is NONE.  blink.gif

g0tr3wt23

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004, 07:05:00 AM »

I so completely agree with this guy who posted. I think the age restriction on xbl should be 18 if not 21. Even the kids in my clan sound like they haven't hit puberty yet. They have no concept of teamwork and generally ruin the game for everyone else when they start talking shit to other people in the rooms. But then again, the video game consortium is just now attempting to appeal to us older gamers. The vast majority of their money they're making on the new generation... the same kids that irk the shit out of the rest of us.

I'm praying to God that Bungie releases an update that allows party mods to boot annoying fuckers from their rooms when they start causing problems. I think I'm gonna send an email to Bunige and see if anything comes of it.

solid7x2

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2004, 10:14:00 AM »

jester.gif  but I still never cuss, onless its a closed friend only game.

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2004, 11:01:00 AM »

The one thing that I take advantage of on live! is the leave feedback option

I just feel bad reporting people, but I guess I could go that route too... I honestly think there isn't enough accountability on Live, plain and simple. As a paid subscription service, they need to figure out something  wink.gif

I think that if you report someone, they should be notified in writing that there was a complaint. That way maybe parents would see it...

I am a 22 year old college kid with a foul @$$ mouth, probably one of the worst uve heard

I got you beat, guaranteed  jester.gif However, like you, I show respect on Live for the other people and watch my mouth way more than usual. It is one thing to say "Oh $hit, I died", and quite another to say "I am going to fu$%ing kill you, you fag!". So I am not saying no one should use "foul" language (there is a time and a place), I am just saying that unprovoked personal attacks, mainly from kiddies, get annoying  tongue.gif

solid7x2

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2004, 11:27:00 AM »

I was told alive people cant hear u when u talk after ur dead anyways... not sure if this is true or not, need to confirm... so oh shit I died will allegedly only be heard by dead people around u.

deacon187

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2004, 01:53:00 PM »

in most games you can also just mute people, in halo its somewhat a pain cause when doing clan matches you change after every game so it would be a pain to go into the menu and mute everyone eveygame

but latley some team as soon as we get into the lobby start already without the game even starting yet WHAT UP FAGS this and that YOU FAGS ARE GONNA LOOSE HA HA HA HEE HEE HEE its starting to get really rediculous

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2004, 01:58:00 PM »

I was told alive people cant hear u when u talk after ur dead anyways... not sure if this is true or not, need to confirm... so oh shit I died will allegedly only be heard by dead people around u.

You know what I meant though...  tongue.gif

but latley some team as soon as we get into the lobby start already without the game even starting yet WHAT UP FAGS this and that YOU FAGS ARE GONNA LOOSE HA HA HA HEE HEE HEE its starting to get really rediculous

I know. It is ridiculous  beerchug.gif