xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Is Anyone Working On Hacking Xbl?  (Read 617 times)

feflicker

• Archived User
Is Anyone Working On Hacking Xbl?
« on: January 12, 2003, 09:07:00 PM »

I think everyone is, secretly  rolleyes.gif

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2003, 09:55:00 PM »

I have come to accept that you can't.  Why should this matter to people? I think we should at least try supporting MS a little. Buying a console and Xbox Live isn't enough.

rooicity

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2003, 06:12:00 AM »

When you like a game enough to play it on Live ...

BUY IT !!!

Otherwise the X-box will be known in a few years as the Dreamcast 2

Hazim

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2003, 02:55:00 PM »

What about tackling it from a different direction entirely. I'm not sure if everyone's familliar with the BNETD project, but what they did was build their own program that emulated Blizzard's Battle.net servers. So clients could connect to them without any kind of system/software checks. I'm sure Live! is pretty complex and that it would take alot of work, but I think it would be alot more feasable/sucessfull than trying to hack MS' Live! Like yasman said, because you have to connect to their server they have a ton of ways to detect and block you.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2003, 03:12:00 PM »

What about tackling it from a different direction entirely. I'm not sure if everyone's familliar with the BNETD project, but what they did was build their own program that emulated Blizzard's Battle.net servers. So clients could connect to them without any kind of system/software checks. I'm sure Live! is pretty complex and that it would take alot of work, but I think it would be alot more feasable/sucessfull than trying to hack MS' Live! Like yasman said, because you have to connect to their server they have a ton of ways to detect and block you.

Yeah, its called XBConnect or Gamespy. They don't access Live in anyway, but you can still play games online.

yasman

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2003, 06:47:00 AM »

XBConnect or Gamespy are not integrated with the xbox.

That's why it will never be as good as xbox live.  If the modded xbox can route xbox live traffic to an Alt. xbox live server, now that would be awesome.

dgalmo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2003, 01:29:00 PM »

xbconnect is great, at least for free anyways.  Question is, would it be possible for xboxconnect or gamespy to integrate the software to be viewed on your tv and controlled with your controllers like live?   Is it impossible or just to time consuming for a free program?

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2003, 03:57:00 PM »

xbconnect is great, at least for free anyways. Question is, would it be possible for xboxconnect or gamespy to integrate the software to be viewed on your tv and controlled with your controllers like live? Is it impossible or just to time consuming for a free program?

Its impossible on many levels. First off, the idea behind the two is being allow to play system link games on a WAN.  If they made software to mimick Live, it wouldn't be available to download at a normal website because it would be built with signed code.

Its just too impossible to happen...

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2003, 06:56:00 PM »

I dont mind buying live games. If there was a game i REALLY REALLY wanted id buy it anyway. If a game is worthy of being bought, i buy it. If not ill just play it on xbconnect or gamespy.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2003, 12:59:00 AM »

I was so eager for NBA Inside Drive 2003, I bought it the day it came out. Althought Inside Drive is a non-Xbox Live game, I just couldn't wait to play it.

indotoonster

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2003, 07:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (Hazim @ Jan 13 2003, 10:55 PM)

Hi Hazim,

I had been thinking along those same lines exactly! :-)

The thing is, I think emulating Xbox Live! servers has different legal implications than what XBconnect and Gamespy does. XBconnect and Gamespy tunnelling are completely legit solutions, they're just tricking the Xbox into thinking it's connecting to another Xbox on a LAN. But think about XBL: the games must be hardcoded to look for specific MS servers out there on the 'Net, and circumventing this would necessarily require intercepting these packets and redirecting them to the new servers. Knowing MS, I'm sure they have this in their small print about how naughty and illegal it would be ;-)

Just my uninformed opinion, though! BTW, didn't BNETD run into legal problems with Blizzard?

cheers,
indotoonster

Tripamang

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2003, 06:01:00 PM »

It's not as impossible as you think.

Why would you need to intercept packets? Just recode a whole new interface for xboxlive, xboxlive in all likely hood uses some sort of a standard to communicate witth all the games. You crack this standard it would be a very small step to making your own xbox live.

Make it with the open SDK and MS couldn't say boo.

xboxing

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2003, 01:30:00 AM »

nasty nasty generalisation!!

i have a mod, i don't cheat in games!!

ewwww, dirty insulting generalisation.
some people would pay 50 bucks to spoil your games anyway!!

dirty generalisation!!

NoMention

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2003, 10:51:00 AM »

I don't see how having a mod means cheating.  I think this is the angle that MS took to help persuade the public against the modchips but there is no direct correlation between the two.  I've never used the Action Replay or Gameshark but to me, those are more of a cheat tool than the modchip is.  All the modchip allows is unsigned code.   It doesn't have any cheat codes built into it...at least I thought it didn't.  I could be wrong.

NoMention

VaporStone

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2003, 12:56:00 AM »

They have a bios to run copied games on live without getting detected its just not released yet expect it to be out in a couple weeks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5