xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Question About 2 Xboxs On Xbconnect  (Read 90 times)

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Question About 2 Xboxs On Xbconnect
« on: March 06, 2005, 10:32:00 PM »

So you have 2 pc's and 2 xboxes on a network.  I will call xbox1 and pc1 a pair and xbox 2 and pc2 a pair.  So pc1 one serves xbox1 via xbconnect...and pc2..well i think you get it.  K, TURN OFF BOTH XBOXES.  Fire up xbconnect on pc1.  Go to tools--->options---> general options.  Hit the clear list button top right corner.  Fire up xbox1.  Go to the appropriate game screen ...eg H2 where you are searching for available games....then on pc1, xbconnect hit the find button, pick the network adapter, and wait for it to find the box.  When it does, TURN OFF XBOX1.  Now fire up xbconnect on pc2.  Clear the list on that one as well and do the same as you did with xbox1, just do it on xbox2 this time.  So now each pc will only be looking for the data coming from the mac address associated to its xbox.  You should be able to do it now.... I hope that made sense...if not i will try again...

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 10:51:00 PM »

No problem...glad to help...  If you ever want someone to kill on H2...Look for Strictpuppet on xbconnect...hahahah..

d0wnlab

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 10:59:00 AM »

actually we do it all the time with 2 xboxes and one copy of xbconnect.

we've found xbconnect to be rather finicky with xbox detection but we do it all the time stablely now that it's set up.  I think just get it set up with one xbox, then the other, then try with both online and it should work as long as they're all on the same network segment