xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xbconnect Lagging  (Read 165 times)

luther349

• Archived User
Xbconnect Lagging
« on: June 21, 2003, 03:32:00 AM »

i have noteced that latly the xbconnect to. i wonder whats up with it. it used to play fine but one day i hosted halo and it was leg city i normaly handel 4 players fine.

broadd

• Archived User
Xbconnect Lagging
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2003, 04:55:00 AM »

Try xlink.co.uk

shanafan

• Archived User
Xbconnect Lagging
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2003, 05:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (broadd @ Jun 21 2003, 08:55 AM)
Try xlink.co.uk

Too bad X-Link has very few games that are running. XBConnect has many more players, and the connection of the game just depends on who is hosting. Always check to see what the ping is of the room, and where the host is located. If the host is in Europe, and you are in the States, then I would advise picking other game.

GhostHavoc

• Archived User
Xbconnect Lagging
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2003, 07:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (Yankee427 @ Jun 21 2003, 07:20 AM)
I have everything set up correctly and I have a router.  I use XBConnect and Gamespy.  XBConnect lags all the time and is very annoying.  Gamespy has no lag and always runs fine with little or no lag.  Does anyone know what could be causing XBConnect to have lag and Gamespy to have no lag?  It is annoying because the people on gamespy suck and XBConnect the people are usually better and you can get better games, but its annoying because XB lags all the time.  We tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work.  Anyone have any ideas?

I played on xbconnect last night with my friend and it was laggin...everything was skipping.

shanafan

• Archived User
Xbconnect Lagging
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2003, 10:44:00 PM »

Its the host...not the program.

dre145

• Archived User
Xbconnect Lagging
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2003, 09:37:00 AM »

uhum look at the dates
and whats with bringing up old topic's again

crashnet2000

• Archived User
Xbconnect Lagging
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2003, 12:40:00 AM »

It is not the host !! it is the game..... ??? when i host Wolf there is no lagg at all but when i host HALO it is lagging like a mother f.... ! WHY??? i know many people that hase the same problem and no anwser why it is like that. Is there some problem with Xboconnect one some games? meaby not coded god for some and god for others?

bully

• Archived User
Xbconnect Lagging
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2003, 01:04:00 AM »

i have spoken to mr spumonte who runs xbconnect and he said halo is a hog for bandwith whereas some games like island thunder use alot less.go figure?

crashnet2000

• Archived User
Xbconnect Lagging
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2003, 01:36:00 AM »

They need to look over the software to see if they can make something about this problem. This is really pissing me off big time when i play.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Xbconnect Lagging
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2003, 01:49:00 PM »

yeah, Halo eats bandwidth like popcorn, even in a room with low pings (all<50) you still get so much lag you cant even play

crashnet2000

• Archived User
Xbconnect Lagging
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2003, 11:58:00 PM »

i have a ping of 29 - 40 when i host and still the pople that are palying on my hosted game has lag big time ! Jesus i need to switch software smile.gif

jz28

• Archived User
Xbconnect Lagging
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2003, 07:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Jun 21 2003, 09:05 AM)
QUOTE (broadd @ Jun 21 2003, 08:55 AM)
Try xlink.co.uk

Too bad X-Link has very few games that are running. XBConnect has many more players, and the connection of the game just depends on who is hosting. Always check to see what the ping is of the room, and where the host is located. If the host is in Europe, and you are in the States, then I would advise picking other game.

well shanafan, we need more people to actually set up games and play...if everyone just runs to wherever the most people are, there wont be much of a user base established, even though xlink has less lag overall...

Visor

• Archived User
Xbconnect Lagging
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2003, 02:25:00 PM »

Lets do some simple math here...

XBC gains popularity thus more people unknowing how bandwidth and network traffic can effect playing, start right up and host.  Following me?

Now take a percentage of that and figure how many try joining rather than hosting... still with me?

From this you get the ample reports of XBC lagging and how it sucks compared to <Insert tunnel here>

The jump from 1.9 to 2.0 was just as hectic as going to 3.0 it gets the same reports time after time.  I agree the compression thing has effected gameplay but we've already fixed that.  It could be released at the present time but then again... more people would complain that there's a new release every week.

flat235

• Archived User
Xbconnect Lagging
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2003, 04:11:00 AM »

XBC gains popularity thus more people unknowing how bandwidth and network traffic can effect playing, start right up and host. Following me?

No. I dont follow you.. XBC has gone from like 400-500 ppl online at once down to like 200-300 over the last few months, and its not just new users who think its lagging more.. some old hands are saying the same thing..

It's probably just a little bug somewhere in the 3.0 codebase.. get www.ethereal.com on it, it should be easy to fix..

TD

iam

• Archived User
Xbconnect Lagging
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2003, 08:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Jun 22 2003, 06:44 AM)
Its the host...not the program.

Hmmm well... not all the time.

I hosted Halo 2 days ago on XBC... Nice slideshow. We switched to GameSpy... no lag...

Can't explain.
Pages: [1] 2