xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Call Of Duty- Finest Hour  (Read 817 times)

NecroNomic

• Archived User
Call Of Duty- Finest Hour
« on: December 17, 2004, 04:13:00 PM »

Im a huge fan of ww2 and ww2 games, at least the good ones, i played call of duty on the pc and fell in love with it, and when i say love i mean *~l0ve~*

anywhoo, i picked up call of duty-finest hour on xbox the day after it came out. once i popped it in i was pleasently amused by the opening cutscene. i started it up and began the first level.

the immersion in this game is incredible, though not the best graphics by any means, they are still good though. the sound is amazing in 5.1 digital surround and the v.o is top notch. one problem i had in the beggining was the controls. i got used to them but the aiming stil feels kinda clumsy though.

the missions vary which is definatly good, although enemy locations seem semi-scripted. theier actions are not. they will come out of the same place everytime you load up, but take different cover and different tactics. ai is top notch for this game.

i was especially looking forward to the online play, this is wher i was dissapointed.

it took me forever to find a server and once i did, i was expectiong to find the same great stuff ans single player. but to no avail.

my BIGGEST problem with the online/multiplayer is the running animations...oh my god. people run (or sometimes glide) across the ground with off-beat steps like thier skipping. also, when someone throws a grenade theres only one animation, so if there moving the glide across the ground. there is no strafing animation either..if someone was to run diagonally their feet continue move forward and they glide to the right....so dumb...also..NOONE FREAKING TALKS!

one othe rproblem i had was someone of the weapon models...especially the m1 garand..i dunno why..it just looks way wrong and cartoony.

overall this is a pretty good game..if animations dont bother you too much the online GAMEPLAY is fun.

all in all i would rate this game a 8 out of 10.

oh andits one of the best xbox ww2 shooters.  <

K98

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 10:04:00 PM »

I think it was a pretty cool game overall. I like the sound, and the graphics are pretty good but there's times they are down right shitty(tank tracks dont move but the wheels do) stuff like that. The machineguns are too accurate sometimes but it's easy to overcome that.

<

NecroNomic

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »

yeah, the game itself was good, the mechanics were all correct..but it seemed like the polish was rushed and wasnt finished  <

xSonarx

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 07:43:00 AM »

Rating - 60 / 100 <