xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Counter Strike  (Read 2249 times)

basklover89

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« on: December 13, 2004, 05:43:00 PM »

Well, let me start off by saying that if you have played condition zero, or cs:source for pc your just in for a flatout disappointment. But lets get to the review!

Gameplay: Maybe the most important thing about a game, and I think cs has some good  aspects but its just doesn't cut it. When I let the controller be "very high" or "very low" in the "looseness" option it feels the same! The nagging controller makes it a pain to look around and jump, because it feels to tight. But THEN when your confronted with an enemy the the controller is loose as a goose, flying in all sorts of directions. Overall there isnt much to talk about here but it can be made up for. 6/10

Graphics: Bottom line is, they are much improved since the original on PC. If your pc cant handle Condition Zero or CS:Source, this is deffinatley the way to go. There is nothing stunning here but a mix nicer textures and improved models really makes this game nice looking. On the contrary, the lighting is sickening, it makes it so hard to see somethings that I feel like im leening closer and closer to the TV every minute. 7.5/10

Presentation:
Just a quick summary here is needed. The buy menu is quite easy to navigate and I like it. It annoyed me that many of the key cs maps were left out  and also the options are limited for ingame custimation. The online play is what this game is ment for. You can see whos online without being connected to xbox live and just being online. 8/10

Overall: 7.5/10  <

total_ass

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 05:10:00 AM »

would you recommend the game is one had the smartjoy frag (keyboard and mouse adapter).

also are there bots?  <

basklover89

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 03:31:00 PM »

Yes there are bots,  if your saying should it played with a mouse and keyboard, then i guess so.  <

Neil

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 07:24:00 PM »

I think the point is that if you STILL haven't played this game after being out for like 7 years and winning a bunch of awards... then it's amazing that you even bothered to buy an xbox. <

jintoxicated

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »

this game is the bomb on the pc, ive played the xbox version and its so buggy and crappy.. i hate it .. 5 thumbs down roflz <

aqmlswnk

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 04:10:00 PM »

I like this game - i think is awesome - online gaming is perfect - For 4 months - each day i was playing this game on Xbox Live - it was awesome - is always the same thing (counter-wins) BUT the game is awesome - i was playing for about 14 hours each day - I think the game is pretty cool, online is the best - great game

This post has been edited by aqmlswnk: Dec 25 2004, 12:11 AM <

rgtaa

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »

i too like this game alot on the xbox because it is so Basic and Straighforward.
3 min a round is nice.
This game came out at same time as Rainbow 6 and Rainbow got alot better reviews ... but ... counterstike hits the spot if I have 3 minutes to kill! smile.gif

techniqez

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2004, 07:16:00 PM »

I would say for online gaming only. This game was solely created for xbox live. So if you dont have xbox live, dont bother with cs:xbox <

madave

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 05:30:00 PM »

:grr:  i would like to know when this game is ever gonna come out with anymore download content i mean the computer version has much more and fun maps. <

rgtaa

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2005, 07:45:00 AM »

i like this game the more I play it! smile.gif

What I have been doing the Last few days is go to Custom setup and making 2 bot's against me ... and setting it on expert ...!   WoW!

Changes the game ... you go by SOUND ... footsteps.  It's more like sneeking around.  I got creamed!  I set the bot's to step above begineer and that works for me (until i get better)

I play both sides.  I find terrorist easier...  so if it starts to get easy I switch to counter-terrorist!  

I liked having 7 guys on each team but ... 2 AI bots against me ... Opens up this game for me ...all over again.  And if I get good ... I'll make 3 bots against me! smile.gif

You can limit what the bots can buy too ... if you want.

xSonarx

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005, 07:34:00 AM »

i give it 20 out of 100, very poor!!!!!! <

ThaCrip

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »

counter-strike is still pretty solid on the xbox... but the pc version if clearly better if u ask me... cause im one of those people who think the mouse+keyboard combo is way superior to the xbox controller when it comes to aiming at things.

just my thoughts wink.gif

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 12:55:00 PM »

xbox live gave me this game for free.  I gave it away 3 days later. <

mb3k

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2005, 02:08:00 AM »

This game ONLY belongs on the PC. I rented the Xbox version (waste of $7.48) and was very disappointed, especially how the controls feel.  The ultimate feeling of minute and tactical controls on the PC are lacking in the Xbox version. I give it a 3/10 - Do not get close to this game. <

hooshang

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2005, 08:57:00 PM »

Since I used to love cs on pc so much I'm buying this no matter what.  You can play 2 v 2 split-screen (not online) right? <
Pages: [1] 2 3