xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: About Halo 2  (Read 3149 times)

ernld

• Archived User
About Halo 2
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2004, 04:41:00 AM »

the comment about the majority is just flat wrong, unless you live in some small as middle of nowhere country......broadband is cheaper than dialup with 4/5 providers....and it is available in more heavily populated areas....ie MORE PEOPLE.

that means, that the MAJORITY has this access to broadband, not the MINORITY that doesn't have the services available. i'm sorry but your statement is just flat uneducated and wrong.

By majority of people, i meant people that cant get broadband or xbox live combined. The main problem with it is the credit card, even if you can get broadband without one, you still need it to sign up to xbox live. Access to broadband is very different to getting xbox live.
Also Id like to know which providers have broadband cheaper than dial up?!!?!
(Maybe your talking about america or canada, i live in britain)

The point is that only 1 in 15 people have xbox live,  why do they spend so much money time and effort into this small section of the community. Seems to break the first rule of business in my opinion. Go after the majority

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
About Halo 2
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2004, 04:02:00 PM »

because they're whole point is to get more xbox live sales... seems like a great bussiness idea to me.  Sure alot of people "can't" get xbox live but those that have it will renew it and those who don't but "can" will probably sign up.  I wouldn't be suprised if they sign up at least a quarter million new subscribers their first month.  And when they release the ending to the game (they said they will release new single player missions over live), more people will order it just so they can finish the single player.  Mean....sure, but it's a great plan for the company.

And to whoever said that their "10 minutes of netplay" was.... you really got to try more.  Needlers are horrible in most games as people don't tend to sit still and it's homing is not very good.  The sword, although a good weapon, has great dissavantages, especially when someone is just out of reach, you don't stand a chance.  The game is very well balanced and don't even argue against me when you play for only 10 minutes.  people may love the game or hate it but it is balanced.  Now you may encounter somehow who is incredible with the sword or with a sniper and think the weapons are cheap, or you may play against some noobs and think the game is too easy.  but how would you know from only 10 minutes.  I have to think you are exaggerating but even an hour doesn't show how great the online is.  I seggest playing the stategy games like ctf and assault.  You can't always win that by run and gun.

Heet

• Archived User
About Halo 2
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2004, 03:21:00 AM »

I quit playing halo online after about 30 mins.  Yuck.  I have found love in Ghost Recon 2 tho.  Wow what a game.

SpookieStylez

• Archived User
About Halo 2
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2004, 04:26:00 PM »

pimpin

ReN3G@dE

• Archived User
About Halo 2
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2004, 12:24:00 AM »

i have to say i agree as well to most of the replys,,, i just dont understnad how they delayed the game like for a year jsut to add 5 new weapons and put in like 10 new charectors?????????????????????

and the story line was very short,, from what we have seen from what they did in halo 1 they could of done a lot better in halo 2 considering ti was one of the most anticapated games ever.....................

NecroNomic

• Archived User
About Halo 2
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2004, 02:45:00 PM »

i didnt think the story's presentation was good. the story itself was pretty good, i like the idea of the covenant coming to earth, but it wasnt shown very well....and i think the bump mapping and bloom effects made it look alot better than halo 1.....

GameMasta24

• Archived User
About Halo 2
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2004, 07:18:00 PM »

I didnt really like h2 CAmpaign mode. I like the convenant mode where u could go CAMO but still i didnt like it a lot. Halo 2

Neil

• Archived User
About Halo 2
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2004, 06:09:00 PM »

the game has it's good points and it's bad points. Surprise, surprise. I would say it needed more work still if it was gonna be the game that was supposed to rock your world and make kiddies camp outside in the cold just to get it.

Bottom line:
This should not win game of the year (in any category).

VitoDauelo

• Archived User
About Halo 2
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2004, 06:44:00 PM »

I love halo 2 in practically every way...the only complaint i had about the single player was its length, and the extremely annoying cliffhanger at the end of the game.  Multi-player should keep me going until the next halo game, the first games multi-player sure did.

nikeskateboarding.net

• Archived User
About Halo 2
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2004, 11:35:00 AM »

I truly prefer lion king 1.5

mb3k

• Archived User
About Halo 2
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2005, 12:28:00 PM »

love.gif

ThaCrip

• Archived User