xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fahrenheit/indigo Prophecy  (Read 196 times)

SweBaztard-SmartXX

• Archived User
Fahrenheit/indigo Prophecy
« on: November 25, 2005, 04:07:00 AM »

Fahrenhiet/Indigo Prophecy (Xbox, PC, PS2) is a game that is very hard to review without spoling some mayor-plots. However, i will try to divide it into two sections- One spolier-free, and one with spoliers. For now it will contain some spoilers.

IPB Image

...No.... What have I done?

You start of as Lucas Kane, an ordinary man with an ordinary life. He works, pays his taxes and try to not make much noise. For some reason however, Lucas has just killed a man. Yes, YOU killed a man, in a public diner' restroom. You know that there's a policeman in the diner, so you have to work quick. If, and how you manage to get away is up to you. Everything in this game is based upon the choices you make. As you can imagine, you are pretty fucked up now. Killed a man, escaped the police and gotta go to work. In this game you have to shower, piss, eat and sleep. If you don't take care of your character, he or she, will give up. Commit suicide, or whatever. You have a guage that shows how you character feel - watch it closely.
The funny thing is, when you are busy being Lucas and cleaning up after yourself, you will later be the cops trying to catch Lucas. Great, huh!

Why me? Why did they choose me

You will indeed find out that it was not you that killed that man in that diner. You were... possesed. All you have to do now is find out who is possesing you and why. You need to find the Indigo Child. And... try not to die, okay? You will have flashbacks which will determine how the game will end. Everything you do will change the story.

Gameplay

The cameras are pretty good, and well, everything is good. Everything exept the "action" scenes. You have to tilt the thumbsticks in the righ direction and press the L, R fast enough. Besides that, its gold.

Comments

Well, i payed the PAL version of Fahrenheit. The NTSC can be named "Indigo prophecy" and is a little more sensored. Ex. (Read at own risk) in PAL, if done correctly, you get to fuck two times. NASTY!

Graphics: 5/10
Sound: 7/10
Story: 10/10
Controls: 5/10
Replay value: 8/10

SweBaztard-SmartXX

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 02:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(DSBenno @ Nov 28 2005, 09:48 AM) View Post

The camera is the second worst part of the whole game.  The worst part is the controls.

In truth, it is the controls that drag the camera down....  Play it and you'll understand.  Otherwise, it is a good game.

Hmm, i actually got used to the camera pretty quick.

uberd0g

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »

Cameras are really bad in Indigo Prophecy, especially in the cinematic multi-screen sections. The graveyard for example, had me walking on the spot for 20 seconds before I realised I had come to a dead end. Also, the controls have a nasty habit of dislocating when the camera switches. One minute it's fine, then the camera switches and everything fucks up. I push right on the stick and Lucas walks down. Down, and he walks left. Not very good at all sad.gif

Don't get me wrong, the game is pretty good, but it has a hell of a lot of problems, too.

8/10 sounds about right (which is very impressive considering it has to rise above all it's faults)

SweBaztard-SmartXX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 03:06:00 AM »

I could imagine the pc-version being the worst. Using the numpad in action scenes.

neo_89

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 04:07:00 PM »

In my opinion, you should try it.

It is one of the best games on the Xbox. The controls might be bad and the camera is a pain in the ass but overall, the story rocks and I really did enjoy the fact that anything you do changes the way the game plays through until the end.

CalypsoRaz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 05:59:00 PM »

It has a different approach to things, I like the game. I just got it last night and got pulled into the story very quickly. Sure, the graphics arent the best but damn, the story makes up for it ten times over.

sunker

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 01:28:00 PM »

good review
 biggrin.gif

bbagnall

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »

I played this game start to finish and thought it sucked. I like adventures and have played many, but this was like a rail shooter. Everything is so guided that you don't feel like you are playing a game, more like watching a Machima film. The button sequence mini-games really blow - it's like they realized there was no real challenge or "game" to play, so they added Dance-Dance Revolution to attempt to inject some game play. Overall I'd recommend this game only if you have played every single adventure for the XBox and badly need to play just one more. It's bottom of the barrel as far as Xbox games go.