xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Kotor Iii  (Read 566 times)

STARWARS_KOTOR_II

• Archived User
Kotor Iii
« on: September 13, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

they have already said that they are not making kotor 3, no matter how many requests!

Edit (DT): No need to cover the whole page with the size of your font.  Your comment will do just fine.

STARWARS_KOTOR_II

• Archived User
Kotor Iii
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 09:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(jdmays13 @ Sep 19 2006, 03:27 AM) View Post

XPxAxBxLxOX

• Archived User
Kotor Iii
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 03:56:00 PM »

Well an email you got doesn't prove anything to us.  As of right now, don't get your hopes up.

jdmays13

• Archived User
Kotor Iii
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 10:50:00 PM »

yea cause i get an email from the inventers about them making the game sometime in the future and and that means that they arent gonna make it, I think you need to stop goin for the negative and just get over the fact that because you think theres not goin to be one doesn't mean theres not so stop throwin out hate

darth_turtur

• Archived User
Kotor Iii
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(XPxAxBxLxOX @ Oct 6 2006, 03:03 PM) View Post

Well an email you got doesn't prove anything to us.  As of right now, don't get your hopes up.

Let him get his hopes up.  It's free and it's not bothering anyone.  I'm all for a 3rd game, from Bioware or anyone who wants to build a new installment.

As for me, i'd love to see a third game that gives you more freedom as opposed to the current structure.  Don't get me wrong, i think Kotor and TSL are two of the very best RPG's ever made.  It's just that there are certain aspects of the game that still feel scripted and restricted and not as "open ended" as we all might have hoped for.

It would be great to see Kotor 3 pick up 10 or so years after the events from TSL.  Not sure about the story, but it would be nice to finally visit the Jedi Temple in Coruscant.

How about this setup:

You start off as a young padawan (12 to 15 yrs old) who's studying the ways of the Jedi at the Jedi Academy in Coruscant.  You start off by exploring the entire temple and getting a feel of the basics of the game.  How about this too ---> Your start the game off with a LIGHTSABER.  Then you interact with various NPC's, learning about events that transpired between the end of TSL and the period you're in.  You're then introduced to the LS/DS mechanics via NPC interaction or some side quests.  Then you learn of some huge event which basically introduces the main quest/storyline and that somehow, your actions can shape the outcome of these events.  Fast forward 5 or 10 yrs later and you are now a fully pledged Jedi Knight (you first select your class).  Then from here, you begin your intergalactic adventure.  You own a home, you have friends, you earn credits by getting a job (Jedi Security Services anyone?)

Then something happens (Revan's return, Mandalore leading an attack, whatever) and you're forced to join in on a battle happening somewhere in Coruscant.  You meet your first party member (a psuedo-Bastilla looking female Jedi).  And from here, the adventure continues.

So what do you think?  ANybody want to send this off to LucasArts so they can begin building the game?  biggrin.gif

jdmays13

• Archived User
Kotor Iii
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 11:12:00 PM »

i like it its a good idea and thats what this forum is here for so ill take down that info

XPxAxBxLxOX

• Archived User
Kotor Iii
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a third.  Kotor is one of my favorite games.  In my opinion, I don't think there will be one.

And darth, you are correct about hope.  I was just stating that the email sent to him proves nothing to us.  An email is not concrete enough to prove anything.  A link from lucas arts would be much better.  Thats all I was stating.

darth_turtur

• Archived User
Kotor Iii
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(XPxAxBxLxOX @ Oct 14 2006, 04:11 PM) View Post

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a third.  Kotor is one of my favorite games.  In my opinion, I don't think there will be one.

And darth, you are correct about hope.  I was just stating that the email sent to him proves nothing to us.  An email is not concrete enough to prove anything.  A link from lucas arts would be much better.  Thats all I was stating.

No harm done brother.  No worries.  I just didn't want jdmays to think that he's getting shot down for no apparent reason.

jdmays, fyi, i agree with XPxAxBxLxOX that instead of sending an email, send our ideas via a link in LucasArts' game page.  They may read it or they may not, but at least you used the correct medium for sending the information.  Oh, and when you do send that info, could you also let them know that gamers deserve a much better sith lord than mr. sissy boy darth nihilus? What a sorry excuse for a bad guy.

jdmays13

• Archived User
Kotor Iii
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 10:18:00 PM »

Well then i dont think you guys are gettin what im saying then, there is no link for the game yet because there is no game yet. Yes they have started it but they put it on hold for the time being. They said that there are other projects they must finish before they actually start the process of making it. If they do want to make this game  the last then I think they'll want the time to make it good, and make sense. So if we just wait a while im sure they will comfirm it for you if your still in disbelief. The only reason i made this forum is so we can give them ideas for the new game and show them what we want to see in it.  So please use it for that and not arguing on whether there will be a third game or not! cool.gif

Darth Hassault

• Archived User
Kotor Iii
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »

I like the idea of using this thread as a way to get a storyline for a KOTOR3 if thay ever decide to actually make it, i would find it fun and interesting... i have recently purchased KOTOR2 about a week ago. had a delay couldnt find it forever, but i did get it..  However, the game was great, the ending since it was not the true ending was ravishing inside and upset me... I think They should come up with  KOTOR3 if anythign to end the series if they must, or continue it, until the beginning of Episode 1.. Knowing from the game introduction that "Knight of the Old Republic" was based 4000 years into the past since Episode 1...  I enjoy writing storylines for a variety of games... just for fun to see if mine can contrast at all, and they usually have some obtainable inference that are alike... and KOTOR3 sounds like a game i could try it with.. Ill Post it in here. once i finish it ill start now and watch this thread   happy.gif

Darth Hassault

jdmays13

• Archived User
Kotor Iii
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »

ohmy.gif I agree with both of you completely the ending of the kotor 2 could have been way better. It makes me want to just take kotor 2 apart and just redo it. Well if i had those resources. But yea Darth Hassault Id love to hear any ideas you have about the game, im going to send anything i can to Bioware, and Lucas Arts and see if they like it, but if youd all like to hear what my story idea is for the third install just tell me. ohmy.gif

leijae

• Archived User
Kotor Iii
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 08:25:00 AM »

it was a little choppy, and the single ending sucked.

jdmays13

• Archived User
Kotor Iii
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 08:39:00 PM »

ok so this is what i have so far from you guys; well the story that i put togeter:

Theres two disks, one you play as revan and one you play as the exile. When playing as revan you start in the outer rim lets say Malacor V and end up finding the exile and all of his companions. After you find the exile you him and the rest of the party, go to find the rest of the your companions that are alive like Bastilla, Carth, Zalbarr, or just any one else thats alive. and it will load off of your kotor save game unless you dont have one. After you find Bastilla you find out theres another threat (oh and forgot to mention from above but you choose whether your playing darkside or light side when starting new game) of either the sith for lightside or the Jedi for darkside. Cause we all know that the exile couldnt have really been the last jedi. And theres more sith out there. If your playing on good side you go around restoring the jedi order and fixing the destroyed worlds (or atl least get them on track). You know like the normal missions then if your on the bad side you go around teaching your companions the way of the dark side and rebuild the sith. Then it all leads up to you destroying the Jedi as a lord of the sith or destroying the sith as a jedi master , and along the way you have to many good fights with mandalorians and others that want to get in your way.

Then this is another idea i had that i recieved from darth tutors idea:

Basically its the same as above but you start off as a young person who just finds out that hes a jedi, not a jedi already trained woken up in accoma or anything but you lived in courasant and the jedi counsel there sences the force between you and your best friend, and if you didnt guess who im talkin about its revan and malak.  But anyways they come and take you from your family to train as jedi and you play through the training (in witch you actually get to do yourself instead of watching your character do it). And after you have your choice on whether to leave the jedi and join the sith or stay with the jedi and you play untill you the end of game two do the things that revan did and adding everything into the game that was left out and also adding more content like the jedi civil war witch if you choose the dark side you fight choose light side you stay and you get way more options and stuff. Then after all that ends its leads up to game 3 and thats where everything really begins like from what i mentioned above.

**well those are my ideas sorry if their hard to understand but i was trying to rush so if you dont really get them just leave a message and ill tell you what i mean. and i know the two versions seam kinda long especially #2 but i just thought that for the last games in the trilogy they should be long and be able to make the games make more sense and tell us more about revan that we didnt find out in the games**

thanxs for reading please tell me what you think and leave more ideas that i can send to bioware and lucas arts