xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Is The Difference Between Halo 2 And Halo 2:limited Edition?  (Read 870 times)

shambles1980

• Recovered User

QUOTE(robertchella @ Jul 16 2011, 04:07 PM) View Post

Im about to buy an x box and i dont know what halo 2 limited edition is...because the 2 r the same except one comes with halo 2 and the other come with halo 2 limited edition...whats the diff?

think the halo 2 limited eddition is a xbox with a transparent green case with halo written on it..

Im also pretty sure they should be called "special eddition" not "limited eddition"

maybe im wrong but as far as i know a halo 2 and a halo 2 limited eddition xbox are both the same and both incorrectly named halo 2 special eddition.

Dont quote me on that though,

Heimdall

• Archived User
What Is The Difference Between Halo 2 And Halo 2:limited Edition?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »

Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition is a game, not a green Xbox.

Google, 15 seconds -> Wikipedia Article On Halo 2.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »

Sorry.. He said buying an xbox.. not the game.

BUT it seems i was wrong any way there are diferences..
(I used wikipidia)

Halo Special Edition

Units Available: 200,000[2]
Retail Price: $169 USD

On March 14, 2004, Microsoft released a special version of the Xbox in the United States, Australia and New Zealand. This version was translucent green and came with a copy of Halo: Combat Evolved and a matching translucent green Controller S. The console case featured the Halo logo and the words "Special Edition"; the controller had a jewel that had the Halo logo in place of the normal Xbox logo. The version of Halo that came with this bundle was identical to other versions of Halo, with the exception of a "NOT FOR RESALE" notice placed on the front of the game case.
[edit] Halo 2

Units Available: Unknown
Retail Price: $249?

On March 18, 2005, an Ice Blue Halo 2 Limited Edition Xbox was released in Canada and Asia. The console was translucent blue and retailed for approximately $249. Included with the Ice Blue console was a matching Controller S, a special Halo green headset and a copy of Halo 2. The difference between the Asian and Canadian Halo 2 versions can be seen in the Xbox's jewel. The Asian version has a black jewel, while the Canadian version has a silver jewel. They were version 1.1 or 1.0

i guess i should have checked my facts instead of assuming i knew the answer . Having said that i did say dont quote me lol.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 01:47:00 PM »

Yes, he is buying an Xbox, and he has a choice between two Xboxes. They are the same, but one comes with Halo 2, one with Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition, as he says quite clearly.... smile.gif Neither is a green Halo Xbox.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »

LMAO.

Re-read and yes you are right lol.

dip me in paint and colour me stupid.
(I need to read properly)