xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Who's High?  (Read 141 times)

TheGreatVirus

• Archived User
Who's High?
« on: March 22, 2003, 09:59:00 PM »

In about 10min I am going to the moon how about any of you guys??

jasonmvt

• Archived User
Who's High?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 09:59:00 PM »

gotta take a test for a job in a couple of days  :(

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Who's High?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2003, 10:05:00 PM »

Another thread on who's getting high? Oh well, certainly not me as I need every brain cell I can muster to pass my college courses.

ULTIMATEGAMER12

• Archived User
Who's High?
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2003, 11:00:00 PM »

dont got $$$ for drugs  sad.gif

jasonmvt

• Archived User
Who's High?
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2003, 10:08:00 PM »

Oh well, certainly not me as I need every brain cell I can muster to pass my college courses.

yes, we all know how crazy it would be to do drugs while you're at college  :lol:

Mage

• Archived User
Who's High?
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2003, 10:13:00 PM »

I for one am not.  Waste of time and money, in my opinion.

jasonmvt

• Archived User
Who's High?
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2003, 10:20:00 PM »

I can always support a no marijuana stance, but it really isn't the huge monkey on your back like schools/psa's teach you.  Not really that much worse  than getting drunk.  Plus no dui's or hangovers.  Anything is ok in moderation.

Mage

• Archived User
Who's High?
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2003, 10:24:00 PM »

Yes I know about it, I've tried it in the past, see no reason to waste my time with it.
Same with drinking or cigs.
Nothing special in my opinion.

TheGreatVirus

• Archived User
Who's High?
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2003, 11:21:00 PM »

Eh thats just you. If you ask me life is shitty as it is why not make it a little better.

beerchug.gif

jasonmvt

• Archived User
Who's High?
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2003, 10:41:00 PM »

Yes I know about it, I've tried it in the past, see no reason to waste my time with it.
Same with drinking or cigs.
Nothing special in my opinion

hey, you'll probably live longer.  Then again, you could walk out your door and get hit by a bus tomorrow, so I don't really worry about it.  Lemme guess, you tried it once?  I know a lot of people that fall into that category and say they don't care for it.  It took me about three times before I really got it right (somehow the whole inhaling thing threw me- I wasn't doing it right, lol) and actually was high.  The first time, you keep asking your self 'am i high, i feel a little weird, i dunno'  Then you realize that if you have to ask yourself if your stoned, your not.  I do respect your stance, but marijuana does have some aspects I consider positive.  It puts you in a very introspective mode where you can learn new ways of looking at everyday events in your life and find yourself remembering things long forgotten in vivid detail.  It greatly adds to the creative thought process and releases your mind from the constraints of the strict, logical routines of thought your 'adult' brain is programmed with.  And, contrary to popular myth, it can heighten your awareness of the world around you that you normally take for granted.

Mage

• Archived User
Who's High?
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2003, 11:42:00 PM »

You could do most of those things on your own if so you desired.
However you statement about guessing it was only once is false.
I know the feeling when it hits you, I just don't personally see a need for it.
If you have to justify your usage, maybe you shouldn't use it then. tongue.gif

EDIT: On that note the only drug I'd consider again would be to grow salvia.  tongue.gif

MartialXboxArtist

• Archived User
Who's High?
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2003, 11:58:00 PM »

How about the Admin ban these threads about drugs. For one, it doesn't do any good for anyone in here and it's not a good thing to let kids read this kind of crap. I would like to know that our generation will be great people that makes a difference rather than have some crack head doing surgery or working on making cars safer. Get the drift? If you do that crap, then keep it to yourself and not advertise it on here..  dry.gif

Mage

• Archived User
Who's High?
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2003, 12:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (MartialXboxArtist @ Mar 23 2003, 12:58 AM)
How about the Admin ban these threads about drugs. For one, it doesn't do any good for anyone in here and it's not a good thing to let kids read this kind of crap. I would like to know that our generation will be great people that makes a difference rather than have some crack head doing surgery or working on making cars safer. Get the drift? If you do that crap, then keep it to yourself and not advertise it on here..  dry.gif

Where do you stop?  Should we not talk about programs that are compiled with the XDK then?
I mean this isn't exactly a site designed for children...

jasonmvt

• Archived User
Who's High?
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2003, 12:13:00 AM »

well, really, it isn't needed.  I'm not THAT pro-marijuana biggrin.gif   You expressed your opinion, I have expressed mine.  Stating that my opinion was for the purpose of self justification is a cheap way to criticize a pro-anything stance while continuing to further your own argument.

Sure you could attempt the previously mentioned methods of thought without the influence of marijuana, but the beauty of it lies in the fact that you do not have to deliberately try to reach that state while high.  The level that these attempts can reach is peripheral at best, lacking both the immersion and true freedom from convention of thought that marijuana can provide.  It would be like saying your imagination is as vivid and intact as it was when your were 5 years old, and you can enter that state of mind at any time.   It simply is no longer possible.  You can entertain similar fantastic thoughts or feelings, but that level of visualization and acceptance has been relegated to what your mind considers inane and illogical.

BTW, Mage, even though I disagree with you, I have much more respect for your opinions than the ramblings of MartialXboxArtist.  

MXA, if you think that your success in life depends on absolute sobriety, you are in for quite a bit of frustration.

Mage

• Archived User
Who's High?
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2003, 11:30:00 PM »

Yeah for me it's not about the drug itself, it's the cost benfit factor of it.
If the drug was legal and you could grow it, then I could be justified in doing it again.
However as it is, I'll save myself a decent chunk of money.

Pages: [1] 2 3