xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Anyone Else Disappointed... (Spoilers)  (Read 335 times)

ipodder2003

• Archived User
Anyone Else Disappointed... (Spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2004, 03:57:00 PM »

I found myself screaming NO WAY! at the screen after the credits began.  Kind of a spoiler...

What do you guys think of the part after the credits?  Interesting...

RustAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2004, 05:30:00 PM »

F**king A I was disappointed. Here my gripes -

- NO NAV POINTS on your HUD (why the HELL did they do this?? It just means you get lost all the time! Maybe they did it because the levels are so short - they left them out on purpose so you'd take longer to finish the game)
- No warthog variants
- "Cliffhanger" (read: pr1cktease) ending (so, so cheap...feels like they just couldn't be bothered finishing and left it thinking anything they did would be good enough)
- Confusing, badly written and incoherent plot - first you're on earth, then you're in space and there's another halo, then you're a covenant elite on an assassination mission, then you're the MC again and you're down on the halo, then there's some rebellion and the covenant are attacking each other, so you're killing covenant regardless of if you're the MC or the Elite, then the flood show up again so everyone starts killing them too, the covenant leaders betray each other, the humans' commander is kidnapped, then you're the MC again and you're freeing marines from a covenant prison, then the elite teams up with the sarge, you kill some big dude who is apparently your arch-enemy and all of a sudden you're flying a ship back into earth's orbit and nobody explained anything and what the hell is that big venus flytrap thing with the tentacles? And why is it talking to Cortana at the end? Anyone? ANYONE??
- Only one level actually set on earth, when the whole focus of everything was supposed to be the battle for earth...not to be inexplicably teleported into outer space and onto ANOTHER FRIGGIN HALO with ANOTHER FRIGGIN LIBRARY
- Repetitive level design (AGAIN)
- Too easy, too quick to finish (<> 10hrs on Heroic and I'm not even that good)
- Cortana (the most annoying cliched sassy-grrl sidekick ever...although she *was* slightly more bearable than in Halo 1)

All up, probably the biggest disappointment of the year for me. It makes me sick to read the nauseating reviews all over the net (9.9, 5/5, 10/10, perfect, OMG, blah blah blah). There is no way this half-baked piece of crud deserves that kind of @ss-kissage.

My 2c. I am now preparing to be flamed.

RustAngel

BranTRoz

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2004, 05:43:00 PM »

wink.gif , I feel ya.  

I'm not denying that many things in the game were good (graphics, rendering, scale, balance)--but go back and watch that E3 demo from earlier this year.  I realize now that they mislead the public intentionally with that piece of marketing in a ploy to distract plot spoilers, but the fact that it was ENTIRELY absent from the 10 hour game (I also beat it on Heroic), and that the best levels of the game (in my opinion) were over after the first 1.5 hours was quite a let-down.  

I'm not even gonna chime-in on the untethered plot lines and the ending--it makes me want to cry myself to sleep.  The only redeeming hope is that there will be downloadable content for single player, but even that would be a very M$-esque ploy to push people into buying xbox live.  I'm trying REALLY hard not to be disappointed, but I'm starting to come around to the fact that this might just be a multiplayer game, and oh yeah... here's some single player in case you need a break.  Anybody remember the feeling they had when they FINALLY saw Star Wars Episode I, and you wanted to like it SO much that you almost convinced yourself it was the best thing since oven-baked pizza, but then woke up and smelled the vomit?  Yeah, something like that.  Good, but not what it could have been.  uhh.gif

-B

Skyblast

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2004, 07:19:00 PM »

blink.gif

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2004, 07:32:00 PM »

beerchug.gif
(BBL more Halo 2 to play

Early response system :: No this is not a flame, just saying I was not disappointed and I loved the game. That's it. No hidden agenda or motive  wink.gif

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2004, 07:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (zot23 @ Nov 8 2004, 04:22 PM)
Nope.  Xbox 2 is supposed to come out next Fall by most estimates, and one year to make a whole new Halo game for all new hardware?  Doubtful in the extreme.  I would say expect a Halo 3 announcement when the xbox 2 lanuches next year and then waiting a year (or two) for Halo 3.

As far as this game goes, there are one or two disappointments for me:

*  The ending needed to be one more level long.  That ship was BEGGING to be blown up, why start Halo 3 with the climax that should have been in the end of Halo 2?  Doesn't make any sense.

*  Bots.  The AI in this game is pretty slick at helping out and taking cover.  I don't see what would be wrong with having 8 bots in a 4 on 4 multiplayer game to help flush out the teams.  Not a massive loss, but it would have been nice to have a bigger play option without needing 16 players.

I didn't miss the ATV or Warthog varients.  The gauss Warthog is available in multiplayer though, on one of the city levels.

dont be to sure

originally bungie said that the game they were working on, and the storyline would wrap up halo for good

what it looks like to me is that they did the whole thing (like lord of the rings, all movie shot at once) but they decided to break it up at the most climatic point possible, while still being in the middle of the two games, and then all they have to do is make uo the new engine, but the vehicles, plot, characters are all ready to go

either way, halo 3 is a definite now

stinkytwinky

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2004, 08:26:00 PM »

i too thought the ending was kinda week but you never know theres always downloadable content

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2004, 08:58:00 PM »

rotfl.gif       rotfl.gif       rotfl.gif

Thraxen

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2004, 12:00:00 AM »

I don't get the complaint about the Warthog.  The gauss Warthog is in the campaign mode.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with the game.  Some people always get too caught up in the hype.

wolrahnaes

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2004, 02:02:00 AM »

The complaint about the Warthog is not about the Gauss Warthog.  Have you ever seen the teaser shots with three Warthogs lined up next to each other?  One was regular, one was white and had snow tracks on it, and the last dropped the turret in favor of a 4 passenger cage.

Those two promised, and we get the damn Gauss Warthog, which is nothing more than a slightly modified version of HaloPC's Rocket Warthog...

And where the hell is the ATV?  That was the biggest thing I was looking forward to, finally having a Human counterpart to the Ghost.

I didn't have a problem with the map selection in multi, with the exception that I really miss Sidewinder.  I would gladly trade out almost any of the new levels if I could have an updated version of Sidewinder.  The wide open space was perfect for Warthog demolition derbies, and now that we have destroyable vehicles, those would be even better.

I hope the Halo modders manage to figure out H2 fast, so either I or someone else can port some of the other great Halo1 MP levels to Halo2.

punisherex

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2004, 05:15:00 AM »

I LOVE CAMPAIGN THIS GAME PISSED ME OFF I BEAT IT IN UNDER 3Hours they said it would take 13hours my ass and also the ending sucked ass it pissed me off also how may levels are there in campaign (i downloaded an action reply save and there was 13 the last one was the great journy this really pissed me off)

PS SCREW BUNGIE for making me wait for a game i wonted to play for 2 years and dissapoint me im not buying the next one becaue it will probably be for XBOX2... THIS SUCKS ASS. DAM what a short game...HALO 1 was much longer and more entertaining...

stinkytwinky

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2004, 05:35:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

pingrr

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2004, 06:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (punisherex @ Nov 10 2004, 08:18 AM)
I LOVE CAMPAIGN THIS GAME PISSED ME OFF I BEAT IT IN UNDER 3Hours they said it would take 13hours

I don't see how someone could beet the game that fast.

BobBrkersMyHero

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2004, 06:57:00 AM »

3 hours is a bit quick...lol

yes i was pretty dissapointed in this game..

they should have taken halo, made it xbox live compatible, and i would have been happy

BranTRoz

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2004, 07:04:00 AM »

wink.gif ) and celebrate their new effort--and in some ways I do.  Beyond that, though... I feel like I'm trying to sell myself on something that is decidedly really good, but at the same time NOT the re-invented wheel.  

ianmalcm has it right--I guess nothing can really withstand that much expectation and hype.

I feel like Bungie handed me a cool new popsicle... and two weeks later, I'm still trying to figure out what flavor it is.

-B
Pages: 1 [2] 3