xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Why Are Games So Hard To Play Now  (Read 73 times)

The Zep Man

• Archived User
Why Are Games So Hard To Play Now
« on: July 14, 2006, 08:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(gipsiad @ Jul 14 2006, 03:38 PM) View Post

Does anyone eles find video games xbox games have become harder to play lately, I know you can allways find cheats and stuff but when was the last game you completed without cheating or putting it on easy setting, even easy setting dosn't seam that easy, allways having to restart missions to races.
I know progermers have to think about shlef life and stuff but don't you think that they are setting back making levels late in games hard becouse they know the ammount of hours youv'e put in to get thereyou're gonna sit there and get passed that car, boss, or gate no matter how many restarts, and reloads it takes.
WHY CANT GAMES BE EASY LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS OF SONIC.
Games are too hard these days? I must disagree. Have you ever played Contra for the NES or Contra 3 for the SNES, for example? I think most single player games are 'moderate' these days. Most of them can provide a challenge for the die-hards while 'Easy' is a good practice for newcomers. Most, if not all genres have actually become easier since the last century.

Most of the time, I can play any game without much difficulty on 'easy'. When I play a shooter for the first time, I always start on medium because it is my most played genre (and I do not mean Halo 1/2, but mostly shooters on the PC).

lastly does anyone know good sites to get the game guides from without having to pay for them like what they do to you on ign??
Try GameFAQs. The community sucks on the message boards since I left a few years ago (on the PC boards, most topics discuss whether a game will run on their hardware or not, on the console boards there are a lot of flame wars between game X and game Y, console X and console Y, etc.), but the walkthroughs are most of the time of high quality.

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 03:58:00 PM »

what can make games appear to be harder is stress
if you are stressed about something you lose focus on what you are doing and you think the game is harder which in turn will make you more stressed
just remember its a game

Barnolde

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 12:59:00 PM »

Games are easier now if anything.