xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Any One Got Ninja Gaiden Black Yet?  (Read 86 times)

paul_phil

• Archived User
Any One Got Ninja Gaiden Black Yet?
« on: September 30, 2005, 02:52:00 AM »

Have you got it yet?

It rocks so much biggrin.gif I'm on chapter 10 on Normal Difficulty at the moment, haven't come across any major pains yet.

The Ninja Dog mode is funny, Ayana looks after you so much tongue.gif

DjO

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 02:59:00 AM »

I never played the first one.  Is black the same as the first except it has more stuff in it?
it would definatly be worth it since it's only $29.99

paul_phil

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 05:11:00 AM »

As far as I know they've only released the American NTSC version and the euro PAL version is out 21st October.

Yes DjO, Black is the same as before but better wink.gif

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 12:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(DjO @ Sep 30 2005, 04:10 AM)
I never played the first one.  Is black the same as the first except it has more stuff in it?

Himura

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 02:19:00 PM »

Since we're on the subject of NGB, do any of you know if its possible to turn the audio during the cinematics to japanese?

Ive turned it on in the options, but its only in japanese all the other times besides the cinematics.

Himura

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 10:26:00 PM »

aite, nevermind, figured it out  beerchug.gif

DjO

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 10:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(XBL_SUCKS @ Oct 2 2005, 02:06 PM)
blink.gif you never played one of the best on the xbox? wow where have you been?

paul_phil

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 03:53:00 AM »

I don't think it's worth playing the original if you're intending to play NGB straight after. NGB isn't any harder on the normal difficulty level, which is the only one available from the start.

You can unluck Ninja Dog difficulty by dying a few times in the same spot on the first level, only do this if you really suck at it though because it wont be nearly as rewarding as completing the game on Normal difficulty. The main sticking points on the first few levels are there to teach you how to block/jump/etc and when to attack, if you've got it on Ninja Dog you may be able to get through just button mashing and miss one of the best features of the game. The incredible fighting engine!

The hard difficulty level is unlocked if you have a completed game save from the original Ninja Gaiden too. Complete the Hard game and you unlock Very Hard. Do that and unlock Ninja Master Difficulty. Complete that and join the 10 or so players in the world that have done it. Only one of the beta testers could complete it on Master mode!

I'm on Chapter 12 at the mo. Been essense farming a lot so I've got every weapon and 41 scarabs. The Unlaboured Flawlessness rocks against the dead guys in the tombs wink.gif

melongstrike

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 06:02:00 PM »

If you played teh first Gaiden there isn't a need to play Black. Case close!

Please don't start whining about different weapons and such... the game is the same pretty much.

Stopped at level 3 (air ship) once I confirmed that I would have the same amount of enjoyment in black as I did in Gaiden 1.

Use your money more wisely.

paul_phil

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 08:43:00 AM »

But when you complete Ninja Gaiden Black it unlocks the 50 mission levels!

Ninja Gaiden Black is also cheaper than the original, nuff said biggrin.gif

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 06:02:00 AM »

NGB is all about the challege levels (Mission Mode), which are totally fucking insane.

It helps to have a save from a cleared NG game or work you'll have to unlock stuff through Black's story mode. Go read the IGN review (not for the rank but for more info about what the challenges are, etc.).

Ninja Gaiden Black is not a sequel to Ninja Gaiden by any means. Rather, it is a repackaging of the original with material from the two downloadable Xbox Live Hurricane Pack expansions, an expanded story, more costumes, a port of the arcade version of Ninja Gaiden, extra levels of difficulty, and a whole new mode of play focused on scripted missions. If that sounds like a lot, it's because it is. Those who think this is just a way to cash in on the franchise need to think again. There's enough new content here to warrant another look at the game, even if you've already played through it several times and downloaded both Hurricane Packs
(Make that 10 times the challengr content of the Hurricane packs)

Think NG on Difficult was tough?  Have fun with Black's challenges...  laugh.gif Shit, you fight a better version of yourself.

However, if you are looking to play NG2, you'll have to wait, as this is not it.  But Mission Mode alone made it worth my cash.

uberd0g

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 11:17:00 AM »

I've had the original gaiden since it's uk release and ngb still seems tempting. I'll probably rent it just to revisit all the areas again with new weapons and enemies (like the cat-lady-things).
Nice to see that they kept the difficulty level. I got really pissed off with people saying gaiden was too hard. I was stuck on the church boss for days (took me about 30+ attempts) but I always felt that i was close to beating her. Hence the 'one more go' phenomenon.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 12:12:00 PM »

One of the best games released on xbox EVER.  Its funny how you get 100 micky mouse games and then one of these comes out.  Its hard to put down.  Ive been late to work twice since playing it.

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 12:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heet @ Oct 5 2005, 01:23 PM)
One of the best games released on xbox EVER.  Its funny how you get 100 micky mouse games and then one of these comes out.  Its hard to put down.  Ive been late to work twice since playing it.