xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The Soccer (football) Worldcup Thread  (Read 3420 times)

gronne

• Archived User
The Soccer (football) Worldcup Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »

I'm majorly dissapointed of course, I've never felt so "lost" before. I was afraid of Germany doing an early goal, but they made two, and when Sweden tried to get the "feel" of Germany they just kicked some viking balls. It's horrible to say the least, and Sweden should've done better. We could've come back, and we had a great chance when Larsson got the penalty. But eventhough he has more than enough experience, he looked totally fucked by the situation. I'd say there'd be a great chance if he would've scored, but the fact that he, who is the by far most respected player, missed so badly made the whole team insecure. I fucking hate team Germany, cocky assholes, but they had a better strategy and probably deserved to win. I just hope they fall badly in the next game, and I'm pretty sure they will. I will cheer for England(who unfortunately won't go very far either), and Argentina, who I believe will win.

FreewayX327

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2006, 11:15:00 PM »

how about that portugal and netherlands game today. i think that game tied two records today. some bad calls made and missed calls also like the foot into the chest of the netherlands player in the box. that game was getting ugly. if that game kept on going i could see physical play escalating to a ponit where the refs can't handle it.

killerbootsman

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2006, 11:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(FreewayX327 @ Jun 25 2006, 11:22 PM) View Post
how about that portugal and netherlands game today. i think that game tied two records today. some bad calls made and missed calls also like the foot into the chest of the netherlands player in the box. that game was getting ugly. if that game kept on going i could see physical play escalating to a ponit where the refs can't handle it.

Ref was terrible. 16 bookings? Way to many. It got to the point where the players were so upset with the ref, that they kept on making aggresive tackles out of frustration.

USA played terrible all tournament. 4 shots on goal for the entire tournament. A baby fetus could have been playing goalie for the opposing team, and it still could have made for three difficult games for the US.

juan_2006

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2006, 07:28:00 AM »

Omg i loved that goal by argentina when they played mexico... i think it was a guy named maxi... omg that dude is incredible.. I cant wait for spain and france to play, shit man argentina germany is gonna be the best game.

_iffy

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2006, 07:36:00 AM »

spain and france play today. That should be a really good game.

oh and just thought that these two should be shown every couple posts.
IPB Image

juan_2006

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2006, 02:02:00 PM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOo damn french bastards mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif..........haha now they're gonna get owned by brazil  muhaha.gif  muhaha.gif omg well next time for spain dry.gif  dry.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »

thank christ arg is out... everyone i know who doesnt know shit about soccer (but dont want to appear like they dont by choosing brazil) were going for them... so goddamn annoying...

cant wait for tomorrows games... god i hope france upsets brazil... beerchug.gif

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Jun 30 2006, 03:28 PM) View Post

thank christ arg is out... everyone i know who doesnt know shit about soccer (but dont want to appear like they dont by choosing brazil) were going for them...

Argentina seems like a pretty random team for people who don't know about football to root for...

(I was rooting for Germany  smile.gif )

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »

well italy just destroyed ukraine, italy and germany will be a good match next round

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Jun 30 2006, 05:04 PM) View Post

well italy just destroyed ukraine, italy and germany will be a good match next round

I don't know who to root for  unsure.gif

MrWizdumb

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2006, 02:34:00 PM »

i'm glad france won.  everyone thought brazil would just steam roll over everyone.  i kept my faith strong in france, weeeee.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2006, 02:36:00 PM »

@juan: np, but i totally disagree... how could you not support henry???? the france win was the ONLY good thing to happen today, besides a portugal diver maybe not being able to have kids... beerchug.gif

ger v fra in the finals... go germany! or france... itll be a good game...

biggieandmoe

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2006, 08:10:00 PM »

Germany is still going to win. I was happy that Brazil lost. I was biting my nails so hard when Germany was in th penalty shootout.

The*galloping*zebra

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2006, 10:25:00 AM »

France played amazing football, they deserved the win.

Although Brazil can play very well, they just were not on their game yesturday.... maybe because people expect too much from them ALL of the time.

Now that England are out I'm rooting Germany for the win with France a close second. It's always nice to see a host nation win smile.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2006, 02:43:00 PM »

fukcing hell 2-0 in like 2 minutes at the end of the 2nd overtime... france better win... f' port and italy...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5