xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Go Sox!  (Read 3629 times)

lordvader129

• Archived User
Go Sox!
« on: October 04, 2005, 02:46:00 PM »

yeah

killerbootsman

• Archived User
Go Sox!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Oct 4 2005, 02:50 PM)
yeah

chi town winning 8-2 right now. Clement got knocked up.

thomes08

• Archived User
Go Sox!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »

yeah i'm going for the Wsox fan..... used to be a fan of them i first moved kinda near chicago and away from pittsburgh....... and it doesn't look like th pirates are gonna win it this year, next year they will though  smile.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Go Sox!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 04:40:00 PM »

Contreras has been dominant today. Damn, 12-2.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Go Sox!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 05:22:00 PM »

14-2 final, hows that to open up the playoffs

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Go Sox!
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Oct 5 2005, 01:26 AM)
14-2 final, hows that to open up the playoffs

Could be worse then Boston situation though. Your ace could have broken a rib while on the mound somehow.....

lordvader129

• Archived User
Go Sox!
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 07:29:00 AM »

what a comeback in game 2 eh? white sox losing 0-4 in the 4th, winning 5-4 in the 5th

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Go Sox!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »

Damn Redsox they suck, They have the best team in the A.L. and the can't win? what the fuck is wrong with them? Damn they costed me $500 yesterday mad.gif I hope the Whitesox loose agenst the Yankees. Over all I want the Cards to win.

basso4735

• Archived User
Go Sox!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 03:56:00 PM »

i know! stupid tony graffinino pulling a billy buckner. then wells giving iguchi or w/e his name is the same pitch twice in a row. real smart. oh well, sox own last year. i didnt expect them to win this year.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Go Sox!
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(XBL_SUCKS @ Oct 6 2005, 08:08 PM)
Damn Redsox they suck, They have the best team in the A.L. and the can't win? what the fuck is wrong with them? Damn they costed me $500 yesterday :angry: I hope the Whitesox loose agenst the Yankees. Over all I want the Cards to win.

I dont think you can say theyt have the best team in the AL. If they did they wouldnt have lost the division. This isn't last years team. They let all their pitching go, remember? And the one guy they do still have is hurting. I'm not sure any part of Bostons gameis better then Chicagos. Chicagos hit more HRs, (With a less homer friendly ball park). They can also play small ball much better, have more speed, play better defense. And then you get to the pitching side of things and Chicago definately has a better pen and better starters. I can't look at Boston and think of any reason they should be winning. No offense to him, but when your best pitcher is a guy who throws the ball and has no idea where it's going to go, well that's not inspiring.

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Go Sox!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 05:50:00 PM »

Rylinkus- I ment they have the best hitting lineup in the AL meybe tied with the Yankees. They (Boston) has so many weapons they could use agenst you. Manny is the best "clean up" guy in the AL he gets you a ton of RBI's and HR's but also he's a smart hitter dosn't always swing for the fences like David Ortiz. Johnny Damon is in the top 5 IMO of leadoff hitters in baseball the guy gets on base alot. One thing people have to understand about the '05 Redsox compared to the '04 ones they had Pedro Marteniez (spelling) still, thats a huge arm to lose.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Go Sox!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »

Well Ortiz def. hits for average. And they lost Lowe as well who was lights out last year in the playoffs. And Schill ain't right. And Foulkes not there.

Add to that the White Sox ain't that bad. They have more HRs then Boston. They have good hitters. Perzynskis good. Konerkos good. Rowands good. Posednik hits well and is very fast. They're just a very good team with a bunch of guys people dont give enough credit to. They had a bad last month, but even as such you dont accidently finish with the best record in the American League. I'm sorry to Red Sox fans, all the guys I work with love Boston, but there simply out matched. And I dont think they have a chance in hell.

This post has been edited by Rylinkus: Oct 7 2005, 01:54 AM

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Go Sox!
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2005, 03:25:00 PM »

Great game on right now, 2-2 top of the 5th hope the Red Sox's win I need them to win. Wonder what happend to Texas they had so much power. Baseball should have more post season teams WTF is with only 8 teams??

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Go Sox!
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2005, 03:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(XBL_SUCKS @ Oct 7 2005, 11:29 PM)
Great game on right now, 2-2 top of the 5th hope the Red Sox's win I need them to win. Wonder what happend to Texas they had so much power. Baseball should have more post season teams WTF is with only 8 teams??

It means you actually have to be good to make the playoffs. Sports where they invite half the league are stupid. You won 4 out of 10 games? Ok, you're in.... <_<

Redsox are in their pen now. I'd say this is over.

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Go Sox!
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2005, 03:52:00 PM »

No I mean like Hockey have the best 8 from each Confrence/Divison
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6