xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Nhl Is Back  (Read 4210 times)

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(xbox beat box @ Jul 26 2005, 11:16 AM)
My Sens are gonna win Lord Stanley's Cup, no questions asked.

Spency234

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2005, 12:18:00 PM »

XBL_SUCKS: where are you getting all of this info?  I'm seriously interested since the only news they had really on Sportscenter last night was that Gonchar may be coming to the Leafs because he loves the city and lives here in the summer.

xbox beat box

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2005, 12:47:00 PM »

This is going to be a good year

xbox beat box

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2005, 12:49:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Spency234 @ Jul 26 2005, 01:29 PM)
XBL_SUCKS: where are you getting all of this info?  I'm seriously interested since the only news they had really on Sportscenter last night was that Gonchar may be coming to the Leafs because he loves the city and lives here in the summer.

TheODog

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »

If you or anyone reading this does not like foul language please dont waste your time reading this, theres plently of it (Nothing like GTA: San Andreas but close enough)

TheODog

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2005, 11:36:00 PM »

*Edit of my last post*

Sorry XBL, I just heard about forsberg coming to Toronto. Looks like it will happen.

also i just heard Domi Leaving TORONTO? Wtf is that shit. Hes are main beat up guy who out of no where went on a scoring rampage last se during the playoff's when all the big names where not producing.

Well lets just see whats the deal in the next few days. We'll know whos bought out or not by Friday and Starting monday it will be a free agent heaven.

Odog

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2005, 09:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(jaroc @ Jul 27 2005, 10:13 AM)
No way Tie is leaving t.o. I don't believe it.

TheODog

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »

wow, lets hope this continues. I love all the talk about hockey and anything hockey related. Its nice to see the league picking right back up here in Torotno with the media and what not, but one thing is forsure the Leafs will have to make a run for the cup this year as eddie belfour aint getting any younger.

As for hatcher, i heard more about him going to Dallas then I heard him going to VanCouver. Vancouver with a guy like Hatcher will have a solid defence with a mix of young and old. With Hatcher they can roll 3 defence lines just as good as NJ's 2003 Stanley cup winner team did.

Odog

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2005, 08:56:00 PM »

You can add Piere Turgeon to the bought out list he was waved by the Stars and if no team picks him up he will be bought out. Also Joe Thorton is mad with the Bruins looks like he might be out of there soon.

I will update as soon as I get more info

TheODog

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2005, 09:39:00 PM »

Man, your awsome in keeping this thread uptodate. lol

Odog

TheODog

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2005, 09:51:00 PM »

2005-2006 Sced came out. Looks like the Leafs just have to beat the sens more times in one year.  

What i cant believe. Your gonna hate this XBL. There is no TORONTO DETROIT matchup.

CAN YOU FUCKING BELIEVE THAT????

Bastards.

Odog

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2005, 09:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(TheODog @ Jul 27 2005, 10:50 PM)
Man, your awsome in keeping this thread uptodate. lol

xbox beat box

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2005, 07:55:00 AM »

Sens to hold on to Spezza and Hasek.....Todd White prolly not.

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Nhl Is Back
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2005, 08:06:00 AM »

Here's a nother update.lol THE BOSTON Bruins' big pitch to keep centre Joe Thornton for five years seems only to have pushed him closer to leaving Beantown as a free agent next year.

On the surface, general manager Mike O'Connell's reported offer of five years at close to $25 million US is a generous one. But the average of just over $5 million is less than what he's due as a qualifying offer this year and Thornton, as an eight-year NHL veteran, can become unrestricted next summer.

"It makes you wonder if they truly understand what kind of hockey player they have with Joe," agent J.P. Barry told the Canadian Press. "We'll see where this is going very soon."

O'Connell insists he's trying to keep Thornton happy and ice a competitive team, too. With just three players under contract and more than $37 million to spend, he fired off long-term offers to winger Sergei Samsonov (three years), winger P.J. Axelsson (three years), defenceman Sergei Gonchar (four years) and winger Martin Lapointe (three years). Like Thornton, Samsonov and Axelsson are restricted while Gonchar and Lapointe will be unrestricted on Monday.

BLUES WANT PRONGER

St. Louis GM Larry Pleau submitted qualifying offers to retain the rights to 12 players including defenceman Chris Pronger.

The Blues have thus committed $19.7 million -- about one-half the $39 million team cap -- to keep Pronger ($7.2 million), Keith Tkachuk ($6.84 million) and Doug Weight ($5.7 million).

"Even with those three players on our roster, we will still be well below the salary cap," said Pleau.

YOUNG GUNS

The Philadelphia Flyers took a huge step towards their first Stanley Cup in 30 years yesterday, signing forwards Jeff Carter and Michael Richards to three-year contracts. They were were first-round draft picks in 2003 and considered two of the best prospects in their class.

Flyers general manager Bob Clarke said recently both players deserved the maximum salary of $942,400 US per year.

LEETCH IN LIMBO

Little has been said about Brian Leetch's plans for 2005-06. Sources say the unrestricted free agent, who was traded by the Rangers to the Leafs for the 2004 playoffs, yearns to return to Manhattan and would take a big pay cut to do so, but remains cool towards general manager Glen Sather for trading him.

The 37-year-old enjoyed his brief Leaf experience, particularly playing with Bryan McCabe, but is apparently not comfortable being under the hockey microscope in Toronto.

RETURN OF HNIC

Hockey Night In Canada re-launches on Oct. 8 with Jim Hughson moving in behind play-by-play man Bob Cole, more games broadcast in High Definition TV and mix of new and old intermission features
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8