xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Raelian Movement  (Read 319 times)

damam

• Archived User
The Raelian Movement
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006, 07:14:00 PM »

rael was interviewed on 60 minutes and 20/20 to be honest i dont remember which it was.

its a cult in that raels followers believe rael and what he says to the point of fanaticism and it definitely falls into faddish category.  Based on what i saw in the interview I saw methods to designed heighten suggestibility and subservience (another sign of a cult).  Christianity can be a cult as well as the others you mentioned and some sects certainly are.  But being a religion, as you imply does not automatically make them a cult.  

Atheistic?  Not really.  Whether you believe in UFO's or not, it takes faith to believe what rael is saying is true.  Not Science or any other sort of logic.  A true Atheist abondons dogmas.

yes, yes raelians have done well to setup all sorts of seperate entities.  One for rael, one for the church/organization, one for cloneaid (formally Valiant Venture Ltd).  They all have one thing in common, they were all started rael himself and are headed by Raelian Bishops making them seperate in the eyes of the law but not in the eyes of anyone with a brain.

CattyKid

• Archived User
The Raelian Movement
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 10:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(slightly_damp @ Feb 5 2006, 07:48 PM) View Post

Fuck off.

Okay, was that really necessary?  If you disagree with him, why not tell him why, or why not post something useful instead of something to just annoy the poster.  
If you had a problem with this thread, did you report it?  That is the action an improper thread necessitates, not a reply like this.

Raelian1

• Archived User
The Raelian Movement
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 10:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(damam @ Feb 7 2006, 09:14 PM) View Post

rael was interviewed on 60 minutes and 20/20 to be honest i dont remember which it was.

its a cult in that raels followers believe rael and what he says to the point of fanaticism and it definitely falls into faddish category.  Based on what i saw in the interview I saw methods to designed heighten suggestibility and subservience (another sign of a cult).  Christianity can be a cult as well as the others you mentioned and some sects certainly are.  But being a religion, as you imply does not automatically make them a cult.  

Atheistic?  Not really.  Whether you believe in UFO's or not, it takes faith to believe what rael is saying is true.  Not Science or any other sort of logic.  A true Atheist abondons dogmas.

yes, yes raelians have done well to setup all sorts of seperate entities.  One for rael, one for the church/organization, one for cloneaid (formally Valiant Venture Ltd).  They all have one thing in common, they were all started rael himself and are headed by Raelian Bishops making them seperate in the eyes of the law but not in the eyes of anyone with a brain.

First of all, all Raelians think for themselves. Rael himself said "If I (Rael) order you to something that goes against your conscience don't do it. If the Elohim order you to something that goes against your conscience don't do it. That way, no more crimes against humanity can be committed." That different from most other religious cults that tell to do everything God commands you to do. All military cults tell you to take orders even if it goes against your conscience.

Actually to believe what Rael says, you actually need to understand and think for yourself unlike religious cults that expect you to use faith to believe what they say without understanding.

"They all have one thing in common, they were all started rael himself and are headed by Raelian Bishops making them seperate in the eyes of the law but not in the eyes of anyone with a brain."

Wrong again. Anyone with a brain would know that the company running Clonaid and the Raelian Movement are completely different. Rael doesn't even know the names of the cloned babies (or anything else about them). He believes Bridgette Bosselier did clone them and so do I (I met Bridgette personally and she's a very honest person). "but not in the eyes of anyone with a brain". Well you don't seem to have one Damam (or it has a lot of holes in it).

Look, the bottom line is, if you want to believe the media whose agenda is to make profits by bashing The Raelian Movement instead of doing objective research, I can't stop you. You obviously don't have the intelligence to understand the Raelian Message to see through the lies of the stupid media.

throwingks

• Archived User
The Raelian Movement
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2006, 11:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Raelian1 @ Feb 7 2006, 10:45 PM) *
Wrong again. Anyone with a brain would know that the company running Clonaid and the Raelian Movement are completely different. Rael doesn't even know the names of the cloned babies (or anything else about them). He believes Bridgette Bosselier did clone them and so do I (I met Bridgette personally and she's a very honest person). "but not in the eyes of anyone with a brain". Well you don't seem to have one Damam (or it has a lot of holes in it).

Look, the bottom line is, if you want to believe the media whose agenda is to make profits by bashing The Raelian Movement instead of doing objective research, I can't stop you. You obviously don't have the intelligence to understand the Raelian Message to see through the lies of the stupid media.
Talk like that isn't really gonna help your cause. You came in here to make people visit the Rael website, than you start making fun of those who don't see it your way. Is it such a shock to you that people here and in ATS don't appreciate your visit. You are not being respectful, and in fact are being intrusive. In my eyes you are no different than an extremist muslim or blind christian that is not tolerant of other peoples views. Go away.

P.S. if you look through my past threads you will see I even quote Rael sometimes. You didn't introduce anything new to me. Except that an open minded organization can have close minded members.

This post has been edited by throwingks: Feb 8 2006, 07:17 AM

damam

• Archived User
The Raelian Movement
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 09:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(Raelian1 @ Feb 7 2006, 06:45 PM) View Post

First of all, all Raelians think for themselves. Rael himself said "If I (Rael) order you to something that goes against your conscience don't do it. If the Elohim order you to something that goes against your conscience don't do it. That way, no more crimes against humanity can be committed." That different from most other religious cults that tell to do everything God commands you to do. All military cults tell you to take orders even if it goes against your conscience.

Actually to believe what Rael says, you actually need to understand and think for yourself unlike religious cults that expect you to use faith to believe what they say without understanding.

ever read "stranger in a strange land" . . .  Its all in the delivery.

to quote directly from the clonaid website
CLONAID™ ,the first human cloning company in the world, was founded in February 1997, by RAËL and a group of investors who created the Valiant Venture Ltd Corporation based in the Bahamas. . . .  
Therefore, during the year 2000, Rael decided to hand over the CLONAID™ project to Dr. Brigitte Boisselier, a Raelian Bishop, in order for her to start working on actually cloning the first human being with a team of well-trained scientists.
thats like the pope creating a library and then spinning it off into its own llc and making one of his trusted cardinals a librarian over the new "independent" library and then saying the library is completely seperate.  I would not buy it from the pope, and I am not buying it from Rael.

thats good, the perception of oppression, whether real or not, always unites people stronger whether the belief is legit or not.  Its the final key to any religion.  I know that, if anything, I will only make you more stedfast in your beliefs by argueing so aggressively against you for that very reason.  It is also why I dont believe any one has ever been converted through apolgetics like the one you are trying to do.

Out of curiousity who does rael say created the elohim?

slightly_damp

• Archived User
The Raelian Movement
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 10:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Feb 8 2006, 05:16 AM) *

Okay, was that really necessary?  If you disagree with him, why not tell him why, or why not post something useful instead of something to just annoy the poster.  
If you had a problem with this thread, did you report it?  That is the action an improper thread necessitates, not a reply like this.

Jesus christ who died and made you mummy? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) Its just a sad spammy post so what the fuck does it matter, besides you just wasted all that typing telling me something I already know. Do you get your lunch money stolen on a regular basis? Do you get sand kicked in your face at the beach?

To summarize:

STFU n00b! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

CattyKid

• Archived User
The Raelian Movement
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 11:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(slightly_damp @ Feb 8 2006, 12:15 PM) View Post

Jesus christ who died and made you mummy? blink.gif Its just a sad spammy post so what the fuck does it matter, besides you just wasted all that typing telling me something I already know. Do you get your lunch money stolen on a regular basis? Do you get sand kicked in your face at the beach?

To summarize:

STFU n00b! dry.gif

So someone does something that you consider to be disrespectful to the forum and viloating policy, so you tell him to F off (equally as disrespectful)?  No.  There is something called courtesy.  I believe in it and the people I associate myself with believe in it, as do most members of the X-S community.  
Besides, it violates the rules (although these particular two rules are often not enforced, they should still be followed).
Things that will get you a “strike” on this site include…

-          Swearing

-          Flaming

Have you reported this thread yet?  I am just curious.  It seems as though lordvador posted here, so he finds the thread acceptable.

slightly_damp

• Archived User
The Raelian Movement
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »

Jesus fucking H Christ man, if you knew anything about the X-S Community you would know that I am nothing more than a troll and have been disrespectful to the forum and violated its policy and rules for many years!

Nothing to be proud of course, its just what I do. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

A couple of years back everyone would have piled in on this thread and flamed him a new arsehole!

Still, life goes on!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

lordvader129

• Archived User
The Raelian Movement
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 07:26:00 PM »

Have you reported this thread yet? I am just curious. It seems as though lordvador posted here, so he finds the thread acceptable.

is there really a thread or post in this area that isnt spam? lol

it is religious in nature, so it kinda fits here, and its not like the dude just posted and left, he is responding to comments, even if it does sound like hes reading it from a manuscript, lol

bluedeath

• Archived User
The Raelian Movement
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 10:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(slightly_damp @ Feb 8 2006, 06:32 PM) View Post

Jesus fucking H Christ man, if you knew anything about the X-S Community you would know that I am nothing more than a troll and have been disrespectful to the forum and violated its policy and rules for many years!

Nothing to be proud of course, its just what I do. wink.gif

A couple of years back everyone would have piled in on this thread and flamed him a new arsehole!

Still, life goes on!  smile.gif

Amen brother amen.  It's gotten so a troll like myself can't flame without the Mothers against flaming league lobbying for my demise.  There was a time when raptorbull would have been on this like a rat sized dog on grandma's leg.

Well moisty this ones for you.

Hey Raelian1!!! you ringtailed, snaggletoothed, nosepickin, ear biting, salamander lickin, sister stalkin, cult recruiting fuck.  Get out.  Go away.  Go fish dead babies out of the abortion clinic dumpster or whatever it is that you do for food you nocturnal feeding pile of monkey crap.  Go back to your cult leader named "fresh who dresses you up in a blonde wig and cornflower blue dress pimpin you out to forums like this.

C o s m o

• Archived User
The Raelian Movement
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2006, 10:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(damam @ Feb 7 2006, 08:14 PM) View Post

Once again, damam is bringing it! Cheers beerchug.gif

Raelian1, there's no need to go away.  I lump you in with all the catholics, protestans, jews, muslims, and every other religion in the world.  None of you make sense to me, and my grandfather was a preacher in an uber-holy protestant church.  I know a thing or 2 about religions, given my up bringing, education, and experiences.  
You have every right to be just as crazy as all the rest of the religious zealots we see all the time.  This is America, damnit, and you have the God/god/allah/Jesus/holy ghost/elohim/Zeus/mother Earth given right to be so.
 pop.gif

slightly_damp

• Archived User
The Raelian Movement
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(bluedeath @ Feb 9 2006, 06:06 AM) View Post

Amen brother amen.  It's gotten so a troll like myself can't flame without the Mothers against flaming league lobbying for my demise.  There was a time when raptorbull would have been on this like a rat sized dog on grandma's leg.

Well moisty this ones for you.

Hey Raelian1!!! you ringtailed, snaggletoothed, nosepickin, ear biting, salamander lickin, sister stalkin, cult recruiting fuck.  Get out.  Go away.  Go fish dead babies out of the abortion clinic dumpster or whatever it is that you do for food you nocturnal feeding pile of monkey crap.  Go back to your cult leader named "fresh who dresses you up in a blonde wig and cornflower blue dress pimpin you out to forums like this.

I like the cut of your mustard sir, and I tip my hat to you beerchug.gif

PhatIrishBastard

• Archived User
The Raelian Movement
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2006, 02:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(slightly_damp @ Feb 8 2006, 08:32 PM) View Post

Nothing to be proud of course, its just what I do. wink.gif

Still, life goes on!  smile.gif

Funny I read just one of your post and figured that out.  I have pretty much also figured out your usual nick.

Did CockSR start this thread. Reads like some of his BS.

Rent A Center must have repo'd his P.C.  rolleyes.gif He is missing in action.

throwingks

• Archived User
The Raelian Movement
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2006, 04:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Feb 8 2006, 07:26 PM) View Post
is there really a thread or post in this area that isnt spam? lol

it is religious in nature, so it kinda fits here, and its not like the dude just posted and left, he is responding to comments, even if it does sound like hes reading it from a manuscript, lol
Looks like he did leave.  blink.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
The Raelian Movement
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2006, 01:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(slightly_damp @ Mar 18 2006, 01:00 AM) View Post

Oh no, youve found me out! You must be some sort of genius!  rolleyes.gif

he figured out your usual nick, everyone else sees that damn sheep a mile away
Pages: 1 [2] 3