xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Debra Lafave Case.  (Read 214 times)

muggs1

• Archived User
Debra Lafave Case.
« on: November 30, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »

Though she got off with no jail time I just don't understand what kind of F@CKING MORON would be banging his smoking hot teacher and tell the police. I mean that would have been a dream cum true for me when I was in middle school. I think the kid should have been the one on trial.

muggs

damam

• Archived User
Debra Lafave Case.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 08:55:00 AM »

I entirely disagree.  I know most people see this as a victimless crime, but this sort of sexual behavior is bad and morally wrong.  She is nothing more than a pedophile who happens to be a woman.  Its compounded by the fact that she was in a true position of authority.  And now the boy is far more likely to become a pedophile when he gets older.

pug_ster

• Archived User
Debra Lafave Case.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »

I think damam is right.  What if the teacher is a male having an affair with a female teenager, even if the teacher is 'gorgeous'?  The male teacher would be labeled as a sex offender and probably won't ever teach again.  Unfortunately, that kind of incident happens all too often and the media is desensitized about it.  Now there's a situation where a reverse role happened in a high school, it is front page news.  I have to say that this is unfair to both the teacher and the victim because they are in the media spotlight while male teacher/female student affairs are ignored.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Debra Lafave Case.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 10:01:00 AM »

i think the double standards shown here are highly amusing

if it was a male teacher and a female student everyone would be up in arms

this sort of story is often told as "a boy had sex with his teacher" note how the boy is mentioned first, and the teacher is the direct object of the verb, implyingit was the boy who did it, not the teacher, in the case of the opposite number, it would probably be told a teacher raping his student

this shows a deep seeded, not sexism, but an expectation that the male is the dominant one in the bedroom, many times little things like this arent even the result of conscious thought

i just think its funny how people can look at different cases of pedophilia so differently

puckSR

• Archived User
Debra Lafave Case.
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 11:17:00 AM »

I dont fully agree with the idea of male dominance in the bedroom

I believe this fully qualifies as sexism....
1.  Either women are not as capable at making good decisions as men...
2.  or the implication is that boys mature sexually faster than girls....

#1 is obviously sexism..#2 has  been found to be the exact opposite...

This is similiar to parents expectations of their children...

parents frequently worry about the "virginity" of their daughters....yet i have rarely heard a parent voice concern about their young sons.

damam

• Archived User
Debra Lafave Case.
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »

this shows a deep seeded, not sexism, but an expectation that the male is the dominant one in the bedroom, many times little things like this arent even the result of conscious thought

no, this does show inherent sexism in our culture

QUOTE(puckSR @ Dec 1 2005, 07:17 AM) *

I dont fully agree with the idea of male dominance in the bedroom

I believe this fully qualifies as sexism....
1.  Either women are not as capable at making good decisions as men...
2.  or the implication is that boys mature sexually faster than girls....

#1 is obviously sexism..#2 has  been found to be the exact opposite...

fully agree

This is similiar to parents expectations of their children...

parents frequently worry about the "virginity" of their daughters....yet i have rarely heard a parent voice concern about their young sons.

maybe in the past, but i definitely think this has changed in recent years.  I am not so much concerned about my daughter losing her virginity as i am about her learning to develop normal sexual bonds as an adult.  Lafaves actions do not result in that.  There are two problems with the lafave case

1) she was in a true position of authority:  this usually results abnormal use and views of sex latter on

2) the age difference:  the boy in later years is more likely to justify an age difference when he gets older and if he has developed any feelings for her, he is extremely likely to become a pedophile.  And unlike lafave, when he is in his 20's and has sex with a 14 year old he will go to jail.

I would be extremely mad at this teacher if i were his parents.  He could be just fine, but he could also be royally screwed.  Only time will tell how he reactes to this.

pepsik

• Archived User
Debra Lafave Case.
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »

i agree on the points about this being brushed under the rug beacuse it was a role reversal of the usual cases but i do have to disagre on this statement damam

2) the age difference: the boy in later years is more likely to justify an age difference when he gets older and if he has developed any feelings for her, he is extremely likely to become a pedophile. And unlike lafave, when he is in his 20's and has sex with a 14 year old he will go to jail.

in european society the consent age is 16 and by 14 they usually know all about sex, in american society it may seem that this kid is now a mentally fucked, but globally we can see that this is not true. He'll be just fine I remember being younger than my first and i know alot of people that lost their virginity to an older woman.

I just don't get why he turned in that hottie unless it's all a lie.

This post has been edited by pepsik: Dec 1 2005, 11:32 PM

puckSR

• Archived User
Debra Lafave Case.
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »

due to recent arguments and my extensive research into the definition of the word...
he is extremely likely to become a pedophile.

I can assure you that this is not true.

First off..a pedophile is sexually attracted to children...not teenagers..
Secondly..the young man may develop unhealthy sexual attitudes...but pedophilia is probably not one of them...

As pepsik pointed out..age of consent is somewhat subjective...

I know many 60 year old men are attracted to 20 year old women....does that mean that the 20 year old women will become pedophiles?  Does it mean that the 60 year old men are pedophiles?

Sexual attraction to minors is a mental illness...not a case of poor scruples...

Arvarden

• Archived User
Debra Lafave Case.
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 05:16:00 PM »

The teacher has no excuse what so ever, she acted unprofessionally and abused her authority.  Saying that it takes two (consenting partners) to tango, we become sexually aware at a young age and may put this into practice before we reach the legal age of consent.  

I became sexually active at 13 with a woman aged 17, when I was 16 I had a sexual relationship with a girl aged 14.  Does that qualify me as a Pedophile?

damam

• Archived User
Debra Lafave Case.
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 05:29:00 PM »

@pepsik & @puskSR

im not talking about losing your virginity at a young age.  kids that lose their virginity at young ages with people of a relatively equael age and maturity dont have a greater tendancy to be pedophiles.  Also a 20 year old having sex with an 80 year is not going to flip it 2 years down the road and have sex with a 3year old.  Once you reach a level of physical and mental maturity this ceases to be an issue.  I am not exactly sure how you guys extrapolated that out, but whatever.

I overstated it but this is what I do know:

My husband has a case load of about 40 people.  All of them had sex with adults at a young ages, some were raped, others it was as consentual as it could be, and all of them are pedophiles.  Some are predators, and some are just opportunistic (they will fuck anything).  He has told me that things like this, in the eyes of the victim normalize the event making it more likely for them to do it when they get older.  Now I dont know the exact numbers.  But what is sure is that he is more likely to be a pedophile now, than he was before.  I also know that because she was in a position of authority, this makes it even more likely.  Pedophelia is a mental disease, and there is some evidence to suggest your born with it, but nearly all pedophiles can relate an instance(s) when it became normalized to them, and then that age group became option from that point on.  This boys experience is a common one among pedophiles and he is more likely to view young teens as a viable option because of his experience.  

As for a pedophile being attracted only to children, not teenagers.  I really dont know how to respond to that other than i totally disagree.  Its a definite slippery slope.  Maybe its ok at 16, 14, 12 . . . but we know its not at 6.  Or is it?  On rare occasion girls have their first menarchy when they are a toddlers thus fitting the criteria of sexaully mature since they can bear children.  Every state has a different arbitrary limit, and I would only suggest that a 25 year old, cruising a high school looking for "dates" is not exactly going to be interested in love or the other persons best interests and teenagers really dont have the maturity to know the difference.

pepsik

• Archived User
Debra Lafave Case.
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 09:54:00 PM »

ok I see the context of the statement now, it was a little snippet of the whole picture.

The 80 year old with 20 year old is not pedophelia. That is another disorder called gerontophilia which probably stems from abuse from a grandparent, some of it stems from money, and in very few cases it's because of lack of grandparents. [female cases of this disease]

ge·ron·to·phil·ia
Pronunciation: j&-"rän-tO-'fil-E-&
Function: noun
: sex attraction toward old persons

This post has been edited by pepsik: Dec 2 2005, 05:57 AM

Hoppy

• Archived User
Debra Lafave Case.
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 10:47:00 PM »

All I know is that she can molest me any day.

puckSR

• Archived User
Debra Lafave Case.
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2005, 12:53:00 AM »

sorry Damam...you misunderstand...a pedophile is only sexually attracted to children...a totally seperate term applies to sexual attraction to teenagers

bluedeath

• Archived User
Debra Lafave Case.
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2005, 02:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Dec 2 2005, 01:53 AM) *

sorry Damam...you misunderstand...a pedophile is only sexually attracted to children...a totally seperate term applies to sexual attraction to teenagers

Backtrack.... Backtrack.

Damam
This guy is an admitted deviant who supports this type of sick behaviour.

damam

• Archived User
Debra Lafave Case.
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Dec 1 2005, 08:53 PM) *

ephebophilia can still be a crime and it certainly was here.  most of the catholic priests that are being charged are actually ephebophiles, not pedophiles.  Notice that most americans and the press dont make that distinction.  There are not massive article written about the ephebophile priests or about ephebophilia in catholicism.  The bottom line is that if that boy has sex when he is 23 with a 14 year old, he will be labeled a pedophile by our society.  Really what this comes down to is the potential to effect an individuals sexual health.  The lower in age you are the greater potential for harm there is.